|NOTICE: This store is closing
Kits | Books | Gadgets | Cables | Servo Components | Services | Stepper Drivers
Linistepper V3We have closed out stock and are no longer supplying this kit. Documentation has been updated. Source code, layouts, etc... are all available if you want to make your own. If you would like to support a SMT layout / kit, please contact us.
The Linistepper is a well reviewed, open source controller / driver for small to medium sized 5, 6 or 8 wire unipolar (not 4 wire bi-polar) stepper motors. The Linistepper combines ultra smooth old school linear microstepping with modern active current regulation for faster response. The kit is easy to build, hard to damage, and easy (and cheap) to repair. Fully documented: how it works, how to use it, how to troubleshoot problems and get your motors running!
• Drive up to 3 amps* at 36 volts for over 100 watts of power: Enough to move a 15lb axis at 60IPS or a 30lb load at 30IPS!
* requires 2 sets of tuning resistors and a fan heatsink.
• Supported modes include:
• Standard: Full, and Half step,
• Full-Torque Half (!),
• Microstepping: 6th, 18th and infinite, analog-linear microstepping
• Standard step + direction inputs
• Easily connect up to 7 units to a parallel port
• Works with any standard CNC program such as Mach 3, TurboCNC, EMC2
• New version: V3
• moves power resistors to heatsink side for better cooling
• supports analog smoothing adjustment with optional trim pots
• Faster clock speed supports higher step pulse rates.
• Detailed description and features
• Assembly Instructions
• Users Manual
• High Power Tuning
• Mach3 setup
• EMC2 setup
• Theory of operation
- Circuit simulation (with Java)
- Block Diagram
- PCB Layout
- Source code
• Good Motors for the Linistepper
• Gallery of our users working machines
These well made kits are easy to assemble with your soldering iron. Hard to break, easy to repair (new drive transistor set less than $2), smooth and cheap! If you are driving up to 3 amps on low cost unipolar steppers, nothing beats a Linistepper.
You may also be interested in:
416074 *THB6064 Driver (Bipolar,4A,200W):
416045 Cooling: Our heatsink/fan YOU tap:
416026 PCB only.:
416062 Replacement transistor set:
416060 Replacement/Spare PIC chip:
416012 To connect to PC:
416016 To test/run w/o PC:
416061 Tuning Resistors: Drive 2AMPS/Phase:
James Newton's MassMind.org offers Kits, Books, Gadgets, Cables, Servo Components, Services, and these Stepper Drivers: