The OSI Network Reference Layers, IO@, Cables@
The difference between a "serial bus" and a "serial interface" and a "network protocol" is blurring -- see busses (Modbus, X10, USB, MIDI, etc.), serial IO (RS485, SPI, etc.). See also:
http://yaspnet.sourceforge.net/ YASP: A simple and open protocol for building networks with small microcontrollers.
* Adresses length: 1 to n bytes
* Medium access: CDMA/CS/NDA (Carrier Sense Multiple Access / Collision Detection / Non-Destructive Arbitration)
* Addressing modes: unicast, broadcast and multicast
* Smallest frame: 6 bytes
* Error detection: CRC16
* Physical layer: 1-wire "open collector" or 2-wire diferential (CAN transceiver)
* Current PIC implementation: about 480 words of code and 25 bytes of RAM (interrupt driven)
* License: LGPL
Frame structureFLAG ADDRESS Payload CRC FLAG (8bits) (0-16Bits) (8 * N Bits) (16 Bits) (8Bits)
- The flag is a fixed byte (often 0b01111110 or 0x7E)
- The flag must be escaped if it appears in the data stream.
|file: /Techref/networks.htm, 6KB, , updated: 2015/7/1 10:54, local time: 2022/10/5 21:16,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/networks.htm"> Network protocols</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @none found
- Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!