- Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
- Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
- Law of the Telephone: When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.
- Law of the Alibi: If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
- Variation Law: If you change lines or traffic lanes, the one you were in will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
- Bath Theorem: When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
- Law of Lines: When you walk IN the grocery store, there's never anyone in the checkout line.
- Inverse Hair Dryer Law: You're sure you hear the phone ringing in the background, until you turn the hair dryer off.
- Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
- Law of the Result: When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will. - and the
- Ballpeen Corallary: Severe external force may be needed to demonstrate intermittent mechanical performance.
- Law of Bio mechanics: The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
- Theater Law: At any event, the people whose seats are farthest from the aisle arrive last.
- Law of Coffee: As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
- Murphy's Law of Lockers: If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
- Law of Natural Attraction: If you and your date are the only two on a five-mile stretch of beach, the family of five will set up right next to you.
- Law of Dirty Rugs/Carpets: The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor covering are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet/rug.
- Law of Location: No matter where you go, there you are.
- Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
- Education Corallary: Once you have learned how everything is currently done, nothing further is possible.
- Oliver's Law: A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- Law of the Last Word: "Hey, watch this!"
|file: /Techref/murphy.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2013/5/29 16:47, local time: 2018/3/23 04:32,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/murphy.htm"> Murphy's law and corallaries</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180323 RussellMc, Isaac M. Bavaresco, Sean Breheny, Van Horn, David, Neil, alan.b.pearce, Bob Blick, David C Brown, John Gardner, Brent Brown,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!