This is a practical application of conditional replacement. I think this subroutine demonstrates how the code works quite well.ToUpper: addlw 255 - 'z' ; Get the High limit addlw 'z' - 'a' + 1 ; Add Lower Limit to Set Carry btfss STATUS, C ; If Carry Set, then Lower Case addlw h'20' ; Carry NOT Set, Restore Character addlw 'A' ; Add 'A' to restore the Character return
|file: /Techref/microchip/upcase.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2008/2/25 14:05, local time: 2013/5/18 15:28,
|©2013 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/upcase.htm"> PIC Microcontoller Program Flow ASCII Conversion Method: </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2013 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20130518 RussellMc, IVP, John Gardner, veegee, Bob Blick, alan.b.pearce, Sean Breheny, Josh Koffman, Carl Denk, Isaac Marino Bavaresco,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: None at this time. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!