Rotate a value without using carry.
rlf RAM,w rlf RAM
The normal Rotate-instructions are 9-bit (Carry into lowest bit, highest bit into Carry). This modification creates a 8-bit Rotate. (Highest bit into Lowest bit). The first line places the MSBit of RAM into Carry and then the second actually performs the rotate.
If you would like to rotate without affection the carry you can do it like that:
;right cycle shift rrf RAM,W rrf RAM,F addlw 0x80 ;restore carry
;left cycle shift rlf RAM,W rlf RAM,F movwf temp_cy rrf temp_cy,f ;restore carry
|file: /Techref/microchip/rnocarry.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2006/4/25 21:53, local time: 2022/1/18 11:06,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/rnocarry.htm"> PIC Microcontoller Bit Math Method</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220118
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!