Quick little 8 bit random number generators
Random number generator for the 16F876 using timer 0
A few of the lowest order bits of an existing A2D value can be used as a random number or at least as a seed for one of the generators above. This works best when a high resolution A2D is being used to measure a high noise signal (where the signal is resolved by averageing)
Linear Congruential Sequence
|file: /Techref/microchip/rand.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2019/2/15 18:09, local time: 2021/1/18 08:55,
|©2021 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/rand.htm"> PIC Random </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2021 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20210118 Jason White, Alan Pearce, William Westfield, RussellMc, Richard Prosser, Justin Richards,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!