Bob Ammerman [rammerman at prodigy.net] of RAm Systems says
The PIC18Cxx2 chips contain quite a few nice new features. One of the neatest is programmable access to the stack. This feature allows many powerful tricks.
- this code has _NOT_ been tested!
- all multi-byte values are little-endian
- I assume the code space never exceeds 16 bits worth (which it never will on the 242, 252, 442 or 452 chips).
Function pointers (like in "C") CBLOCK FUNCPTR:2 ; Address of function to be called ENDC movlw low(funca) movwf FUNCPTR,A movlw high(funca) movwf FUNCPTR+1,A . . rcall call_func ; Calls funca xxx: . . bra ..whereever.. call_func: push ; Make room on call stack movf FUNCPTR,W,A movwf TOSL,A movf FUNCPTR+1,W,A movwf TOSH,A return funca: . . return ; returns to "xxx:", above
|file: /Techref/microchip/18c/funcptrs-ba.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2008/2/17 11:41, local time: 2017/11/22 20:05,
|©2017 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/18c/funcptrs-ba.htm"> PIC 18C Microcontoller Program Flow Method for Function pointers (like in "C")</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2017 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20171122 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, James Cameron, Sean Breheny, alan.b.pearce, IVP, Neil, David C Brown, Bob Blick, Denny Esterline,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!