From the telephone to the paging service
From a computer to the paging server:
You will need two things:
- The phone number of the modem lines at your paging vendor. Keep pestering them until they let you talk to a real linesman or engineer; if they support text pagers, it's guaranteed that there is such a number.
- A piece of software that supports the IXO/TAP protocol. There are a number of IXO/TAP software packages on the market. If you want to write your own, the protocol specification is in the Telecom Archives as IXO.TAP.protocol (cached 990902), along with some example code in HyperTalk, ixo.example.
Internet, from email, http/post
From the paging server to the pager:
Basicly paging transmissions consist of a preamble (512 alternating bits from memory) followed by a number of codewords which consists of 21 bits of data followed by 11 bits of CRC. Actual RF transmision is simple FM FSK. A 1 is FC +4.6Khz A 0 is FC -4.5Khz.
- http://www.ccc.de/Library/GCOM/POCSAG/POCSAG.html (in English via babelfish)
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/6063/rx-pager.zip RX-PAGER (40.246 bytes) Here you can find blueprints and software, that will allow you to build your home-made reciver to intercept and monitor messages from paging system. You simply connect it via RS232 port to any PC compatibile computer.
- http://www.users.interport.net/~carlott/ A Pocsag encoder project utilizing a PIC16C84. (cached 990903)
- Pager Hardware Reprogramming & Paging Protocols
Cell phones use SMSC
Research in motion has a great OEM pager board and it's communication protocol is only 1 or 2 kilobytes to implement.
Verimation Inc., Woodcliff Lake, NJ offers extended communication services for Telex, fax and pager.
InterResearch & Development Group announced iPost, a universal messaging system that allows users to securely retrieve and send messages via voice, fax, e-mail and pager from a central Web inbox.
Philips "Pager APPLICATIONS HANDBOOK" AN3B March 1995. Covers
|file: /Techref/io/pagers.htm, 6KB, , updated: 2013/7/22 15:18, local time: 2017/10/20 20:22,
|©2017 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/pagers.htm"> Pagers</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2017 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20171020 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, James Cameron, Sean Breheny, IVP, alan.b.pearce, Neil, David C Brown, Bob Blick, Denny Esterline,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!