Personal computer was doctor's baby By Chelsea J. Carter (associated press)
He raised it from a microcircuit by Jacques Steinberg New York Times News Service 98/12/12
What Ever Happened to... The First Personal Computer by John C. Dvorak
Great Microprocessors of the Past and Present
"Electric Brain" the Chinese
symbole for computer
- Inspired by this interesting breakdown, I have asked a good friend (Spehro Pefhany) to find a Chinese translation of "MassMind." The result is most pleasing to me.
The First Generation Computers
Did you know?
...and yes, that is the absolute truth. She had no great technical ability, but when the problem of radar and radio jamming was explained to her, she suggested changeing the frequency according to a preset pattern (like a song) to keep the Germans guessing. Her fresh point of view made the difference.
FAQs and Archives
Learn about computers from watching movies? +
|file: /Techref/history.htm, 3KB, , updated: 2013/7/23 10:34, local time: 2018/9/22 20:47,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/history.htm"> Personal Computer History</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180922 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Sean Breheny, David C Brown, Bob Blick, Isaac M. Bavaresco, Neil, Denny Esterline, Harold Hallikainen, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!