I would like to know what's necessary to make a SX52BD demo board visible all over the Internet and not only by the local network.
I've already tried the following:
- . I gave a static IP to the board.
- . Loaded the SX device using iSX for SX52BD
- . Loaded the SX device with html pages (index.html).
- . I connected the SX device to the web server host of my LAN using a hub to do that
- . I went to the browser and type the following: http://<IPaddress>/index.html
Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
Author: Stephen Holland
Date: 08-10-2001 06:22
- . Upgrade your source code, as this will ensure you have the latest bug fixes (go to http://www.sxlist.com/ubicom/lib/io/osi3/tcpip/isx_2_3_5.src
- . You may need to setup the default gateway. The following code is what you need:
Insert the following snippet of code just before the main loop in the program.---------------- ; obtain and store gateway MAC addr ; send a dummy packet to the gateway so that ARP can do its ; work and ferret out the gateway's MAC addr _bank IP_BANK mov remoteIP3, #GATEWAY_IP_ADDR3 mov remoteIP2, #GATEWAY_IP_ADDR2 mov remoteIP1, #GATEWAY_IP_ADDR1 mov remoteIP0, #GATEWAY_IP_ADDR0 _bank UDP_BANK clr udpTxDataLenMSB clr udpTxDataLenLSB call @UDPStartPktOut call @UDPEndPktOut :initLoop call @NICWaitRxFrame call @ARPCheckIfIs jb arpFlags.ARP_RSP_RCVD, :gotIt jmp :initLoop :gotIt ; store the MAC addr for posterity bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth0 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth0, w bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth1 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth1, w bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth2 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth2, w bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth3 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth3, w bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth4 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth4, w bank ARP_BANK mov w, host1Eth5 bank GATEWAY_BANK mov gatewayEth5, w ; reset ARP clr arpFlags setb arpflags.ARP_BYPASS ; we want to direct pkt to gateway from hereon out ; main program init
|file: /Techref/scenix/lib/io/osi3/tcpip/defaultgateway.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2002/4/1 16:15, local time: 2018/1/19 17:48,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/scenix/lib/io/osi3/tcpip/defaultgateway.htm"> How can I make an SX52 visible on the Internet and not just on the local network?</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180119 David C Brown, Isaac M. Bavaresco, Manu Abraham, RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Harold Hallikainen, James Cameron, Sean Breheny, Dwayne Reid, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!