This printer has a history of suddenly deciding that the Multipurpose tray (the one that pulls down from the front of the printer) is to be used as a manual feed tray. After printing a job, the printer will set and flash its light until you press the Go button. It will then pull from the front tray no matter where you told it to print from. I've see it do this even when the config page (printed by pressing both the Go and Job Cancel buttons at the same time while the printer is ready) clearly shows that MANUAL FEED is OFF. The solution is to cold reset the printer to factory defaults.
To cold reset the printer to the factory defaults:
- As per HP: turn it off, and then hold down the "Job Cancel" key (the small one) for 10 seconds while turning the printer back on.
- As per http://fixyourownprinter.com/printer/new/4235.html "Turn printer off, and hold down the rear button. Power printer on and continue holding the button. Wait until all the lights quit flashing and the printer quits making noise, it might take a couple of minutes."
After excessive use, the pickup "foot" may become worn on the bottom exibiting a flat spot or reduced depth. Cleaning, movement or replacement of this part will be required for continued, normal operation.
|file: /Techref/printer/2200.htm, 3KB, , updated: 2008/6/11 20:46, local time: 2018/7/16 09:49,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/printer/2200.htm"> HP Laserjet 2200 Printer</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180716 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Sean Breheny, Isaac M. Bavaresco, David C Brown, Bob Blick, Neil, Denny Esterline, John Gardner, Brent Brown,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!