Rob Severson says:
I'll help by making "Community Programmer" firmware/application support for the USBSIMM. ( http://usbsimm.home.att.net ) I just need to create a generic algorithm processor. I can use the "Engine" language as a starting point.
Tony Nixon has opened the PIC source for the Engine programmer and offered to provide web space:
As promised, I've opened up the PIC source code for the engine and it is available with the complete project files at...
I don't see any value in opening the Windows code because, as was mentioned, there are many platforms that people want to operate from so perhaps a more generic idea needs to be implemented.
The engine source code is simple to use and reasonably straight forward. Any serial port can talk to it. Unfortunately, I was a little bit slack in explaining some bits and pieces, but when you look at it there is not much to it.
- The token block is uploaded to RAM
- Each instuction has a token value starting from 0 upwards. This is a simple jump table.
- The code knows what parameters it needs for each instruction and fetches them from the next token address.
- Do whatever is required and fetch the next instruction token.
- When the token block is completed, tell the PC - all done.
- PC either loads new token block or waits for a user response.
NPCI bytecode language: http://www.cis.cau.edu/301/assembler/npci.asm
James Paul will also provide web space at http://www.jpes.com
Jose Souto has offered to help in any way possible
|file: /Techref/piclist/cump/donations.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2001/5/25 13:48, local time: 2017/12/11 21:00,
|©2017 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist/cump/donations.htm"> piclist cump donations</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2017 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20171211 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Sean Breheny, James Cameron, alan.b.pearce, IVP, Neil, Bob Blick, David C Brown, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!