DELETING UNDELETABLE PRINT JOBS ON YOUR NT SERVER
Have you tried to delete a print job from your NT server, only to find that the job is stuck and won't delete? If so, here's how you get rid of it. First, close the Printers Folder. Next, open the Control Panel and double-click the Services icon. Click the Spooler Service. Click Stop. If you are using TCP/IP Printing Services, click it as well and then click Stop.
Next, delete the *.spl and *.shd files that show the approximate time and date of the print job causing the problem. You'll find them in the %Winroot%\System32\Spool\Printers directory.
|file: /Techref/os/win/winnt/stuckprn.htm, 0KB, , updated: 1999/2/20 12:29, local time: 2019/1/20 12:24,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/winnt/stuckprn.htm"> os win winnt stuckprn</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190120
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!