When connecting to a share on another system (for example, MACHINEA), you might suddenly receive the following message: "The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials."
This occurs when you have connected to the machine with another user ID. If you are not aware of what user ID you used and you want to use another ID, you can disconnect the previous share by entering the following command:
NET USE \\MACHINEA\IPC$ /DELETE
You should now be able to successfully reconnect to MACHINEA.
|file: /Techref/os/win/winnt/credconf.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2002/11/1 18:07, local time: 2019/1/20 12:37,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/winnt/credconf.htm"> os win winnt credconf</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190120
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!