The WM_COMPACTING message is sent to all top-level windows when Windows detects more than 12.5 percent of system time over a 30- to 60-second interval is being spent compacting memory. This indicates that system memory is low.
WM_COMPACTING wCompactRatio = wParam; // compacting ratio
If an application processes this message, it should return zero.
When an application receives this message, it should free as much memory as possible, taking into account the current level of activity of the application and the total number of applications running with Windows.
|file: /Techref/os/win/api/win32/mess/src/msg22_18.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2000/4/7 12:20, local time: 2023/6/10 07:10,
|©2023 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/api/win32/mess/src/msg22_18.htm"> WM_COMPACTING</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2023 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @none found
- Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!