An application sends a CB_INSERTSTRING message to insert a string into the list box of a combo box. Unlike the CB_ADDSTRING message, the CB_INSERTSTRING message does not cause a list with the CBS_SORT style to be sorted.
CB_INSERTSTRING wParam = (WPARAM) index; // item index lParam = (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) lpsz; // address of string to insert
The return value is the index of the position at which the string was inserted. If an error occurs, the return value is CB_ERR. If there is insufficient space available to store the new string, it is CB_ERRSPACE.
|file: /Techref/os/win/api/win32/mess/src/msg02.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2000/4/7 12:19, local time: 2022/5/19 11:19,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/api/win32/mess/src/msg02.htm"> CB_INSERTSTRING</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220519
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!