The IsValidSid function validates a SID structure by verifying that the revision number is within a known range and that the number of subauthorities is less than the maximum. A SID is a security identifier.
// address of SID to query
If the SID structure is valid, the return value is nonzero.
If the SID structure is not valid, the return value is zero. To get extended error information, call GetLastError.
If pSid is NULL, the application will fail with an access violation.
GetLengthSid, GetSidIdentifierAuthority, GetSidLengthRequired, GetSidSubAuthority, GetSidSubAuthorityCount, SID
|file: /Techref/os/win/api/win32/func/src/f52_12.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2000/4/7 12:19, local time: 2022/5/24 02:23,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/api/win32/func/src/f52_12.htm"> IsValidSid</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220524
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!