by Scott Dattalo Given two bits at any bit position of any arbitrary registers, what's the fastest way to find their sum and place that into yet another bit position of an arbitrary register?
I get 6-cycles:
movlw 1<<result_bit_position bcf result,result_bit_position btfsc x1,x1_bit_position xorwf result,f btfsc x2,x2_bit_position xorwf result,f
|file: /Techref/microchip/math/bit/bitsum.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2000/11/15 12:08, local time: 2017/12/17 21:15,
|©2017 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/math/bit/bitsum.htm"> PIC Microcontoller Bit Math Method - Sum two bits from different positions and registers</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2017 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20171217 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Sean Breheny, James Cameron, alan.b.pearce, IVP, Neil, Bob Blick, David C Brown, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!