Turbo codes are basically just Hamming codes applied to both rows and columns of data.
One advantage of this system is reduced sensitivity to burst errors, were multiple bits are destroyed in sequence. Also, The columns don't have to be selected in the same order, randomizing the order of the data bits selected for the second set of check bits can improve response to burst errors.
|file: /Techref/method/error/turbo.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2009/1/23 15:05, local time: 2017/11/20 00:00,
|©2017 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/method/error/turbo.htm"> Turbo Data Link Error Detection / Correction Method</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2017 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20171120 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, James Cameron, Sean Breheny, alan.b.pearce, IVP, Neil, David C Brown, Bob Blick, Denny Esterline,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!