I have wondered for sometime what the difference is between system calls (found in section 2 of the man pages) and library calls (in section 3). Its simple...
|file: /Techref/language/ccpp/cref/LIBRARIES/syscalls.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2003/3/20 10:39, local time: 2019/6/20 11:32,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/language/ccpp/cref/LIBRARIES/syscalls.htm"> System calls and library calls</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190620 RussellMc, David Van Horn, AB Pearce - UKRI STFC, Dwayne Reid, Bob Blick, Jason White, David C Brown, James Cameron, Allen Mulvey, Jim,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!