| Language Reference ||
Sorts the elements of an Array object.
arrayobj.sort( sortfunction )The sortfunction argument is the name of the function used to determine the order of the elements. If omitted, the elements are sorted in ascending, ASCII character order.
The sort method sorts the Array object in place; no new Array object is created during execution.
If you supply a function in the sortfunction argument, it must return one of the following values:
- A negative value if the first argument passed is less than the second argument.
- Zero if the two arguments are equivalent.
- A positive value if the first argument is greater than the second argument.
© 1996 by Microsoft Corporation.
|file: /Techref/language/asp/js/9.htm, 1KB, , updated: 1996/11/22 10:12, local time: 2019/2/16 00:42,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/language/asp/js/9.htm"> Microsoft® JScript Language Reference</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190216 David Van Horn, RussellMc, Neil, AB Pearce - UKRI STFC, James Cameron, Allen Mulvey, David C Brown, Denny Esterline, mike brown, Bob Blick,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!