Language Reference |
Creates a new object.
The new statement syntax has this part:
Part Description constructor
A call to the object's constructor. The parentheses for the function call can be omitted if the constructor takes no arguments.
The new statement performs the following tasks:
- It creates an object with no members.
- It calls the constructor for that object, passing a pointer to the newly created object as the this pointer.
- It initializes the object according to the arguments passed to the constructor.
These are all examples of valid uses of the new statement:my_object = new Object; my_array = new Array(); my_date = new Date("Jan 5 1996");
© 1996 by Microsoft Corporation.
|file: /Techref/language/asp/js/210.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2003/5/15 14:06, local time: 2019/2/22 15:48,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/language/asp/js/210.htm"> Microsoft® JScript Language Reference </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190222 RussellMc, David Van Horn, Neil, AB Pearce - UKRI STFC, David C Brown, Allen Mulvey, Denny Esterline, James Cameron, mike brown, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!