| Language Reference ||
Used to perform bitwise negation on an expression.
result = ~expression
The ~ operator syntax has these parts:
Part Description result Any variable. expression Any expression.
All unary operators, such as the ~ operator, evaluate expressions as follows:
- If applied to undefined or null expressions, a run-time error is raised.
- Objects are converted to strings.
- Strings are converted to numbers if possible. If not, a run-time error is raised.
- Booleans are treated as numbers (0 if false, 1 if true).
- The operator is applied to the resulting number.
The ~ operator looks at the binary representation of the values of the expression and does a bitwise negation operation on it. The result of this operation behaves as follows:0101 (expression) ---- 1010 (result)
Any digit that is a 1 in the expression becomes a 0 in the result. Any digit that is a 0 in the expression becomes a 1 in the result.
|file: /Techref/language/asp/js/147.htm, 2KB, , updated: 1996/11/22 10:11, local time: 2019/2/16 19:03,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/language/asp/js/147.htm"> Microsoft® JScript Language Reference </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20190216 David Van Horn, RussellMc, Neil, AB Pearce - UKRI STFC, James Cameron, Allen Mulvey, David C Brown, Denny Esterline, mike brown, Bob Blick,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!