Indicates the defined size of a Field object.
Returns a Long value that reflects the defined size of a field as a number of bytes.
Use the DefinedSize property to determine the data capacity of a Field object.
The DefinedSize and ActualSize properties are different as shown in the following example: a Field object with a declared type of adChar and a maximum length of 50 characters returns a DefinedSize property value of 50, but the ActualSize property value it returns is the length of the data stored in the field for the current record up to 50.
|file: /Techref/language/asp/comp/daprop03_1.htm, 1KB, , updated: 1996/11/21 18:01, local time: 2022/1/21 16:24,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/language/asp/comp/daprop03_1.htm"> DefinedSize Property (ADO)</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220121
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!