NT only: How do I change the SMTP Port 25 something else?
That information is stored in the registry and can be modified for Post.Office.
1. As a local NT Administrator for that host, open the Registry Editor.
2. Within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE select: SOFTWARE -> Software.com -> post.office -> SMTP-Accept -> Config
3. Double-click on the "Socket" Key to edit it.
4. Change the value from 25 to 26 (for example) and click on OK.
5. If you do not have permission to save this value, you will need to: select the Security Menu Option -> Owner -> Take Ownership; select the Security Menu Option again -> Permissions -> ; highlight your administrative self; select the Type of Access Pull Down and select Full Control; select OK; now try the edit the Socket Key.
6.You will now need to stop and start the Post.Office service in your Control Panel - Services Window.
|file: /Techref/inet/smtppop3/post_office.htm, 3KB, , updated: 2011/2/8 17:47, local time: 2022/1/18 23:23,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/inet/smtppop3/post_office.htm"> Post.Office SMTP / POP3 Server </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220118
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!