Language Reference |
Used to find the difference between two numbers or to indicate the negative value of a numeric expression.
result = number1 - number2
The - operator syntax has these parts:
Part Description result Any numeric variable. number Any numeric expression. number1 Any numeric expression. number2 Any numeric expression.
In Syntax 1, the - operator is the arithmetic subtraction operator used to find the difference between two numbers. In Syntax 2, the - operator is used as the unary negation operator to indicate the negative value of an expression.
For information on when a run-time error is generated by Syntax 1, see the Operator Behavior table.
For Syntax 2, as for all unary operators, expressions are evaluated as follows:
The operator is applied to the resulting number. In Syntax 2, if the resulting number is nonzero, result is equal to the resulting number with its sign reversed. If the resulting number is zero, result is zero.
- If applied to undefined or null expressions, a run-time error is raised.
- Objects are converted to strings.
- Strings are converted to numbers if possible. If not, a run-time error is raised.
- Boolean values are treated as numbers (0 if false, 1 if true).
© 1997 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
|file: /Techref/inet/iis/jscript/htm/js674.htm, 3KB, , updated: 1997/9/30 04:45, local time: 2018/5/22 20:43,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/inet/iis/jscript/htm/js674.htm"> - Operator</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180522 RussellMc, Van Horn, David, Sean Breheny, Isaac M. Bavaresco, Bob Blick, David C Brown, Neil, alan.b.pearce, Brent Brown, John Gardner,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!