Language Reference |
Used to perform logical negation on an expression.
result = !expression
The ! operator syntax has these parts:
Part Description result Any variable. expression Any expression.
The following table illustrates how result is determined.
If expression is Then result is True False False True
All unary operators, such as the ! operator, evaluate expressions as follows:
The operator is applied to the resulting number.
- If applied to undefined or null expressions, a run-time error is raised.
- Objects are converted to strings.
- Strings are converted to numbers if possible. If not, a run-time error is raised.
- Boolean values are treated as numbers (0 if false, 1 if true).
For the ! operator, if expression is nonzero, result is zero. If expression is zero, result is 1.
© 1997 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
|file: /Techref/inet/iis/jscript/htm/js664.htm, 3KB, , updated: 1997/9/30 03:44, local time: 2018/2/22 19:08,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/inet/iis/jscript/htm/js664.htm"> ! Operator</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2018 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20180222 RussellMc, Sean Breheny, Van Horn, David, David C Brown, Isaac M. Bavaresco, Darron Black, Harold Hallikainen, alan.b.pearce, John Gardner, Mario,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!