To directly download a raw file from Google Drive use the URL:
followed by the ID of the file. So we can find the ID of files by opening the file in Google Drive, but that defeats the point of having a direct download doesn't it?
shows us how to get a list of files. And we can apply that to a single request via:
1. we need an authorization token to access the users drive. Basically this
tells google who's drive to access. So the user has to figure out how to
provide that. At this point, it's not terribly difficult,
"Go to Google Console:
In left menu select 'Credentials'. Click 'Create credentials' and select API key. Click 'Browser key' Copy the generate key."
2. We need the ID of the folder (which we then have to find under the /main/
folder, which has ID 'root' to ensure we are looking there and not finding
a folder of the same name under a sub folder). To find a specific folder
called "Public" in the main folder, q is (html encoded):
name='Public' and 'root' in parents
Note that the "in parents" part means that the file we are looking for has a parent with that ID. e.g.
To find things in a specific folder, given the ID of the folder:
name='test.TXT' and '0B0ap0WDOII5mbjdwajNBMlRoZUU' in parents
Except... That doesn't
|file: /Techref/inet/datastorage.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2016/12/6 19:27, local time: 2022/1/21 00:53,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/inet/datastorage.htm"> Cloud Data (File) Storage Servers</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220121
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!