Use an image map with a large clear area and a "SUBMIT" button somewhere in that area. Only accept submitions that include coordinates in that area. Move the area from one instance to the next. Pro: User doesn't even know they are doing it, Con: bot might randomly get it right, requires mouse click rather than Enter key.
Move captcha off the main page to a preview page with spell check, linkup and other services.
|file: /Techref/idea/website/captcha.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2010/11/14 19:41, local time: 2013/5/20 12:16,
|©2013 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/idea/website/captcha.htm"> Ideas for CAPTCHA's </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2013 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20130520 RussellMc, IVP, John Gardner, veegee, Bob Blick, alan.b.pearce, Sean Breheny, Josh Koffman, Carl Denk, Isaac Marino Bavaresco,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: None at this time. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!