Portable Document Format Reference Manual Version 1.1
Makeing pdfs with Gostscript
Different browsers print the same pdf in different ways. Chrome will strip any readable text out of the print job, creating the letters by /drawing/ them rather than using fonts and characters. IE 11 uses fonts, but mungs the text, so that an "A" that looks like an A becomes a "" but that still looks like an A. FireFox appears to just use the original text and font. +
|file: /Techref/fileext/pdfs.htm, 4KB, , updated: 2018/11/17 13:37, local time: 2021/10/18 07:21,
|©2021 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/fileext/pdfs.htm"> Portable Document Format </A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2021 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20211018 Neil, Harold Hallikainen, Alan Pearce, RussellMc, Bob Blick, Allen Mulvey, Sean Breheny, Dwayne Reid, Justin Richards, madscientistatlarge,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!