CompactFlash is a flash memory with an embedded controller that makes it look very much like an IDE device. In fact it has what's called True-IDE mode that makes it look exactly like a minature IDE disk. You read/write the disk using the 8 byte IDE task file and the 16 bit dta bus. The bus can programmatically be reduced to an 8 bit bus if you need to conserve pins.
PIC to CF
PCMCIA@ DOS File Systems@
/techref/member/rr-usa-p64/cf_inst.htm I have code available which operates as a: PIC data logger to CF Card file; the CF Card filesystem is updated; and the data is readable via Windows PC software.+
PIC memory methods +
|file: /Techref/mem/flash/cf.htm, 2KB, , updated: 2008/9/7 23:59, local time: 2023/10/1 05:26,
|©2023 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/Techref/mem/flash/cf.htm"> CompactFlash</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2023 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @none found
- Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!