Surface Mount Devices
Device Programmers@, BreadBoards@, Tools@,PCBs@ Fiber optics
Vacuforming@, Laser Cutters
Making Plated through holes
"Manhattan" style construction works well for surface mount and involves using bits of PCB to form islands and channels between components.
"Dead Bug" construction involves just glueing the chips or other components up-side-down to some hard surface and then soldering to the pins. Examples: 1
Maximum connection options in the minimum board space. +
|file: /Techref/prototypes.htm, 3KB, , updated: 2022/4/7 15:53, local time: 2023/10/1 04:11,
|©2023 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/prototypes.htm"> Prototype Construction</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2023 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @none found
- Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!