Windows-linux file transfer problems...
Pic Dude email (remove spam text)
Can any Win & Linux expert help me with this problem?...
- Win2K (NTFS) drive crashed.
- Mounted it as secondary drive to another Win2K machine,
but Win2K couldn't recognize the partitions.
- So instead, I mounted as secondary to a Linux installation
and it was able to read the drive and copy the files over
to the Linux (Fat32) drive. Verified that I can read the
files properly once transferred to the Linux drive, and
that the filenames and extensions are good.
- Now, I boot up a clean Win2K installation with the Linux
(Fat32) drive as a secondary (now holding the recovered
files), but all file extensions are showing up as...
The filenames themselves are okay, just the extensions
are messed up as <curly-brace>, <underscore>, and a
- Booted into Linux again, and the file extensions are
Anyone know why? All I need now is to get the recovered
files from the Linux Fat32 FS to a Win2K (NTFS) installation.
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways. See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.
See also: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=windows+linux+file
You must be a member of the
piclist mailing list
(not only a www.piclist.com member) to post to the