piclist 1995\12\06\085448a >
Thread: Questions about grounding?
face BY : David Knell email (remove spam text)

At 23:09 05/12/95 -0800, you wrote:
>This might seem like a stupid question, but I have a schematic that have
>some parts, including the PIC, grounded or whatever with a inverted
>triangle.  There is also a traditional ground symbol so my question is
>what is the inverted triagle?

It's sometimes used to indicate 0V, or sometimes the -ve supply rail
(if you've got +ve and -ve rails).  I'm sure there must be a standard
for its use.

If there's no labelling on the triangle, then that's really slack of the
person who drew the circuit, and I guess you'll just have to work it
out from the context!

Good luck,

David Knell M.A.
Tel: 01843 846558
Fax: 01843 846608
E-mail: davespamspam_OUTdave-ltd.co.uk

See also: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=questions+about
Reply You must be a member of the piclist mailing list (not only a www.piclist.com member) to post to the piclist. This form requires JavaScript and a browser/email client that can handle form mailto: posts.
Subject (change) Questions about grounding?

month overview.

new search...