Searching \ for 'advice for DAC' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=advice+dac
Search entire site for: 'advice for DAC'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'advice for DAC'
1997\05\27@083135 by Antonio Almeida

flavicon
face
I am looking for some serial DAC with bipolar output ? Speed is not
important, but price is.

Thanks,

Antonio Almeida

1997\05\27@164504 by e

flavicon
face
Antonio Almeida wrote:
>
> I am looking for some serial DAC with bipolar output ? Speed is not
> important, but price is.
>

would be also interessted in a realy cheap
DAC, 10 or 12 bit

Thanks.
St.

--
     _______________________________________________________
    |                                      _____________    |
    | Dipl.-Ing. Stefan M. Ranguelov      /____________/|   |
    |                                     |||||||||||||     |
    | tel.:    +49 (30) 20 181 251                          |
    | priv.:   +49 (30) 513 66 23                           |
    | s-mail:  D-10319 Berlin, Mellenseestr. 39/10          |
    | ----------------------------------------------------  |
    | e-mail:  spam_OUTrangueloTakeThisOuTspaminformatik.hu-berlin.de             |
   /) WWW:     http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~ranguelo (\
  / ) PGP key: on request or from WWW-page                  ( \
_( (|_______________________________________________________|) )  />
(((\ \)  /,)                                            / )  / //))/
(\\\\ \_/ /                                             \ \_/ /////
\       /                                               \       /
 \    _/

1997\05\27@220312 by Pioneer Microsystems

flavicon
face
At 10:31 PM 5/27/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Antonio Almeida wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for some serial DAC with bipolar output ? Speed is not
>> important, but price is.
>>
>
>would be also interessted in a realy cheap
>DAC, 10 or 12 bit
>
>Thanks.
>St.
>
Antonio..

To achieve your goal of bipolar, I have a dirty trick you can try to get
around a 'special' DAC.  Use a unipolar device, and then add a sign amp on
the other end.  Take a 'good' IE. OP07 amp, set it up like a classic diff
amp with four resistors, tie the two incoming resistors together to the
signal, and replace the resistor that goes from the + pin to ground with an
open collector to ground instead.  It has been a while since I worked on
this circuit, and I only sketched it out on paper, but I think the premise
is sound.  For a descent DAC, try the Linear Tech LTC145X.  I used it's
predecessor, the LTC1257, with good results.  Try to avoid that MA**M
company, my experience is historically that they had horible delivery
times.  That may have changed, but old impressions die hard.  Don't forget
to use a good reference!

Chris Eddy, PE
Pioneer Microsystems, Inc.
Pittsburgh, PA

1997\05\28@192502 by Karel Hladky

flavicon
picon face
In article <.....3.0.1.32.19970527220013.006ba8c8KILLspamspam@spam@nb.net>, Pioneer
Microsystems <ceddyspamKILLspamNB.NET> writes
>Try to avoid that MA**M
>company, my experience is historically that they had horible delivery
>times.  That may have changed, but old impressions die hard.

But their free samples are some of the cheapest around :)

Karel
--
    ++++++++++++++++++ KH Design & Development ++++++++++++++++++
    Electrochemical Corrosion Measurement and Control Consultancy
                  http://www.khdesign.demon.co.uk/

1997\05\29@171948 by fael Coello Paria

flavicon
face
I would like also to point out that this company its the only one that
takes into account customers that lives in Peru and ask them for samples,
yes they arrive after a long time but they arrive not like other IC
companies that have terrifics web pages but never replies to our demands.
----------
{Quote hidden}

1997\05\30@095332 by Antonio Almeida

flavicon
face
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Pioneer Microsystems wrote:
>
> To achieve your goal of bipolar, I have a dirty trick you can try to get
> around a 'special' DAC.  Use a unipolar device, and then add a sign amp on
> the other end.  Take a 'good' IE. OP07 amp, set it up like a classic diff
> amp with four resistors, tie the two incoming resistors together to the
> signal, and replace the resistor that goes from the + pin to ground with an
> open collector to ground instead.

I don't understand the last step, what to you mean ?

Bye,
Antonio Almeida

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...