Searching \ for 'WWW Piclist site' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'WWW Piclist site'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'WWW Piclist site'
1997\03\27@181120 by Alan Nickerson

flavicon
face
I have setup a website that recieves the piclist E-Mail using a
customized version
of the Hypermail software.

Since my servers platform is not supported I had to re-compile the
source. This
also provides the access to completely hide the senders E-Mail address
from
the E-Mail headers. If there is an E-Mail address in the text of the
message that
too bad.

This is only expirimental, so dont expect perfection.... Comments and
suggestions
are welcome.

The URL is http://www.428main.com/piclist/

Alan Nickerson

1997\03\28@012937 by Chaipi Wijnbergen

flavicon
picon face
Hi,

The WWW Piclist site looks nice, as a concept, but, need some work. Some
of the messages on this list includs schematics and indented text. take a
look at http://www.428main.com/piclist/0020.html  When I read it on the
list it was alot easier to read.

Chaipi

                              \\\|///
                            \\  ~ ~  //
                             (  @ @  )
----------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------
!                                                                             !
! Chaipi Wijnbergen                                                           !
! Electronics/Computer Eng. M.Sc.  Tel    : +972-8-9343079                    !
! Optical Imaging Laboratory       Fax    : +972-8-9344129                    !
! Brain Research Center            Email  : spam_OUTchaipiTakeThisOuTspamtohu0.weizmann.ac.il       !
! Weizmann Institute of Science    URL    : http://www.weizmann.ac.il/~chaipi !
! Rehovot 76100 ISRAEL             IPhone : chaipi                            !
!                                                                             !
------------------------------------Oooo.--------------------------------------
                         .oooO     (   )
                         (   )      ) /
                          \ (      (_/
                           \_)


On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Alan Nickerson wrote:

{Quote hidden}

1997\03\28@072639 by Alan Nickerson

flavicon
face
Chaipi Wijnbergen wrote:

 Hi,

 The WWW Piclist site looks nice, as a concept, but, need some work.
 Some
 of the messages on this list includs schematics and indented text.
 take a
 look at http://www.428main.com/piclist/0020.html  When I read it on
 the
 list it was alot easier to read.

 Chaipi

Thanks for pointing this out. There is no question that the site still
needs some work. Your example is a very good one of some of the things
that need to be addressed.
In this particular message the 'table' uses TABS to align the columns.
Obviously the text to
HTML translator does not take this into account and the Web browser does
not display the
the TABS correctly. The tabs are actualy in the HTML.

Alan Nickerson

1997\03\28@075445 by n/a

flavicon
face
Alan Nickerson wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out. There is no question that the site still
> needs some work. Your example is a very good one of some of the things
> that need to be addressed.
> In this particular message the 'table' uses TABS to align the columns.
> Obviously the text to
> HTML translator does not take this into account and the Web browser does
> not display the
> the TABS correctly. The tabs are actualy in the HTML.

What is the converter written in? I usually convert tabs to their
appropriate space (I don't always trust tabs). Or you might simple use
the <PRE> tag and I believe the the tags are displayed correctly.

Does anyone else have a problem with the background colors for the
PICLIST
archive? I find the pages very difficult to read. (I'm using Netscape)

--
Neil Cherry

1997\03\28@082437 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
>Does anyone else have a problem with the background colors for the
>PICLIST
>archive? I find the pages very difficult to read. (I'm using Netscape)

I've found palette compatibility problems reading messages in Netscape when
I have Eudora active at the same time.  Also have had problems reading some
pages in Netscape when Auto Load Images is turned OFF.

Andy

==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

1997\03\28@085757 by Mike

flavicon
face
At 08:18 AM 28/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone else have a problem with the background colors for the
>>PICLIST
>>archive? I find the pages very difficult to read. (I'm using Netscape)
>
>I've found palette compatibility problems reading messages in Netscape when
>I have Eudora active at the same time.  Also have had problems reading some
>pages in Netscape when Auto Load Images is turned OFF.

Netscape seems to have a bug when dealing with colour palettes if you
have a windows wallpaper which is a graphic image. What I do is open, then
close another window behind netscapes and the colour palette switches back,
once you are in Netscape and don't go out then it seems OK.

Rgds

Mike
Perth, Western Australia

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.
                                                                      Massen

1997\03\28@114826 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
At 09:55 PM 3/28/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Netscape seems to have a bug when dealing with colour palettes if you
>have a windows wallpaper which is a graphic image. What I do is open, then
>close another window behind netscapes and the colour palette switches back,
>once you are in Netscape and don't go out then it seems OK.

My wallpaper in "None" and my color scheme is stock microsoft.  I don't
like to waste time on pretty pictures.

Andy

==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

1997\03\28@173210 by Alan Nickerson

flavicon
face
Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator wrote:

 Alan Nickerson wrote:

 > Thanks for pointing this out. There is no question that the site
 still
 > needs some work. Your example is a very good one of some of the
 things
 > that need to be addressed.
 > In this particular message the 'table' uses TABS to align the
 columns.
 > Obviously the text to
 > HTML translator does not take this into account and the Web
 browser does
 > not display the
 > the TABS correctly. The tabs are actualy in the HTML.

 What is the converter written in? I usually convert tabs to their
 appropriate space (I don't always trust tabs). Or you might simple
 use
 the <PRE> tag and I believe the the tags are displayed correctly.

 Does anyone else have a problem with the background colors for the
 PICLIST
 archive? I find the pages very difficult to read. (I'm using
 Netscape)

 --
 Neil Cherry

The converter is written in C. And I had the <PRE> option turned off,
I have
fixed this now.
Thanks for your input.

Alan Nickerson

1997\03\29@001534 by Mike Smith

flavicon
face
> >>Does anyone else have a problem with the background colors for the
> >>PICLIST
> >>archive? I find the pages very difficult to read. (I'm using Netscape)
> >
> >I've found palette compatibility problems reading messages in Netscape
when
> >I have Eudora active at the same time.  Also have had problems reading
some
> >pages in Netscape when Auto Load Images is turned OFF.
>
> Netscape seems to have a bug when dealing with colour palettes if you
> have a windows wallpaper which is a graphic image. What I do is open,
then
> close another window behind netscapes and the colour palette switches
back,
> once you are in Netscape and don't go out then it seems OK.
>
You can get a free program that fixes that - Internet Explorer 3.02 <g>

MikeS

1997\03\29@083238 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
>You can get a free program that fixes that - Internet Explorer 3.02 <g>

GAAGG - CHOKE - GASP!!

It isn't free.  It costs resources.  I think the ding-dongs over in Redmond
think Microsoft's still are the only application running on the machine at
a time.  You know, DOS-mode mentality.

Get real!

Andy

==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

1997\03\29@173516 by Mike

flavicon
face
At 11:29 AM 28/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:55 PM 3/28/97 +0800, you wrote:
>>Netscape seems to have a bug when dealing with colour palettes if you
>>have a windows wallpaper which is a graphic image. What I do is open, then
>>close another window behind netscapes and the colour palette switches back,
>>once you are in Netscape and don't go out then it seems OK.
>
>My wallpaper in "None" and my color scheme is stock microsoft.  I don't
>like to waste time on pretty pictures.
>
>Andy

Unlike you, I will not so easily accept 'stock microsoft' and will customise
it as far as possible. The vast array of 'pretty pictures' I now have provides
for stimulating discussion as my system is often used by my family and
especially
my children - it makes life that much more wholesome and I take every
opportunity
to resist the mechanicalism thrust upon our psyche by the career of programming
microprocessor based products.

Rgds

Mike

Have a nice Easter.

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.
                                                                      Massen

1997\03\30@003919 by Mike Smith
flavicon
face
> >You can get a free program that fixes that - Internet Explorer 3.02 <g>

Andy, look at this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------^^
^^

>
> GAAGG - CHOKE - GASP!!
>
> It isn't free.  It costs resources.  I think the ding-dongs over in
Redmond
> think Microsoft's still are the only application running on the machine
at
> a time.  You know, DOS-mode mentality.
>
> Get real!

Although I'm at least partially serious.  When I was using NetScape (Gold
2.something) I was less than impressed at its performance, particularly the
number of system errors it threw.  IE3 and NT is my current mix.  If you're
using 3.11 or 95, that's more likely your problem.

MikeS

1997\03\31@073141 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
>Although I'm at least partially serious.  When I was using NetScape (Gold
>2.something) I was less than impressed at its performance, particularly the
>number of system errors it threw.

Gold 2.x was known for that.  I only ever used the free version of 2, and
now use 3.0 for 32-bit.

>IE3 and NT is my current mix.  If you're
>using 3.11 or 95, that's more likely your problem.

I use too many DOS apps to move to NT yet.  When I can find a cheap,
com-port version of a programmer that I like, I'll be able to move over.

Other reason is my second machine (a Compaq laptop) only takes up to 12M
(and it's there), too little for NT.

Andy

==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...