Searching \ for 'USER STATISTICS update' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=user+statistics
Search entire site for: 'USER STATISTICS update'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'USER STATISTICS update'
1999\02\18@161442 by Wagner Lipnharski

picon face
Hello dear friends,

started yesterday, there is a statistics collection system
running at http://www.ustr.net/tellme.htm where you just
need to enter few data to help us to understand how is this
our microcontroller world.

There is a click text on the top you can see the actual
statistics available, where it is very interesting to see
that a great part of people still using the old IBM PC,
not even the XT, and that DOS is 50% of the Windows98
population.

It took some part of my time to put it available, much more
than your actual 20 seconds to answer it. :)

Thank you,

Wagner Lipnharski.

1999\02\18@162108 by Scott Newell

flavicon
face
>There is a click text on the top you can see the actual
>statistics available, where it is very interesting to see
>that a great part of people still using the old IBM PC,
>not even the XT, and that DOS is 50% of the Windows98
>population.

I'm surprised at the number of people running "DeskToop" machines...
:-)


I'd be interested to know how many people are multiple booting.  NT
(primary), 95, 98, dos, and Linux are on my main machine.


newell

1999\02\18@170513 by WF AUTOMACAO

flavicon
face
Scott Newell wrote:
>
> >There is a click text on the top you can see the actual
> >statistics available, where it is very interesting to see
> >that a great part of people still using the old IBM PC,
> >not even the XT, and that DOS is 50% of the Windows98
> >population.
>
> I'm surprised at the number of people running "DeskToop" machines...
> :-)

I'm surprise about TEXAS MICROCONTROLLERS ;(

If i believe in this statistic, i will never sell my KIT... :)

Mig.

>
> I'd be interested to know how many people are multiple booting.  NT
> (primary), 95, 98, dos, and Linux are on my main machine.
>
> newell

1999\02\18@170826 by WF AUTOMACAO

flavicon
face
Wagner Lipnharski wrote:
{Quote hidden}

I will fonward this e-mail for other list group!

Miguel

1999\02\19@071051 by Dr. Imre Bartfai

flavicon
face
Hi,
due to the questionnaire I must stress there is another country called
Hungary, missing unfortunately from the choice list despite the fact I'm
sure there are sure a lot of more PIClers here than in country xxx. It
would be nice if Hungary would be a stand-alone item on the list, as
"a friendly land; not big but grand".
Imre


On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, WF AUTOMACAO wrote:

{Quote hidden}

1999\02\19@111935 by Wagner Lipnharski

picon face
I am real sorry, it is my mistake not to include all countries,
it is just my ignorance and distraction.

If you do not find your country listed, just email me directly
and it will be there very shortly.

Wagner Lipnharski.

Dr. Imre Bartfai wrote:
> Hi,
> due to the questionnaire I must stress there is another country called
> Hungary, missing unfortunately from the choice list despite the fact I'm
> sure there are sure a lot of more PIClers here than in country xxx. It
> would be nice if Hungary would be a stand-alone item on the list, as
> "a friendly land; not big but grand".
> Imre

1999\02\20@140719 by Wagner Lipnharski

picon face
I already changed the "results screen" to show one decimal
digit so now we can see the small quantities, like 0.5%.

We got only 169 answers, and I think we have much more people
out there to answer it.

Make part of this survey and tell us about your computer used
to work with microcontrollers, design, programming, and so on.

Takes only 15 seconds to answer. Tell your friends about it.

click here --->  http://www.ustr.net/tellme.htm  <----

Thank you.  Wagner.

1999\02\24@133436 by Wagner Lipnharski

picon face
Just to inform a partial (up to date) results:

Total Aswers:  263

Operational System:
1) 41.4%  Windows95
2) 21.6%  Windows98
3) 12.9%  DOS

Type of CPU:
1) 41.4%  Pentium
2) 19.7%  Pentium II
3) 11.4%  486

Package:
1) 79.4%  Desktop
2) 6.8%   Laptop
3) 4.5%   Notebook

MCU:
1) 48.2%  Microchip family
2) 23.9%  8051 family
3) 1.1%   Hitachi

The MCU usage could be considerable different if the
spam_OUTatmelTakeThisOuTspampic.co.za forum members answered the survey in
favor to the Atmel AVR parts.  It was announced there,
but so far we got just one answer to AVR (0.3%).

For the detailed results:
http://www.ustr.net/cgi-bin/showme.cgi

To participate at the survey:
http://www.ustr.net/tellme.htm

Wagner.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...