Searching \ for 'Still Looking for ATMEL discussion list' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=still+looking+atmel
Search entire site for: 'Still Looking for ATMEL discussion list'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Still Looking for ATMEL discussion list'
1997\05\16@155141 by Mike

flavicon
face
oops Antti,

I think we've got our wires crossed here somewhere - I'm looking for
the Atmel processor discussion list (like the PICLIST, which the original
poster enquired about) not the a secondary list which takes about a
product which uses the atmel processor - ie SimStick.

Isn't there an ATMEL version of the PICLIST ?

Rgds

Mike

PS: I'll try the other list for a few weeks as well - thanks :)

At 08:19 AM 16/05/97 -0300, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.
                                                                      Massen

1997\05\17@045231 by Kalle Pihlajasaari

flavicon
face
Hi Mike,

> I think we've got our wires crossed here somewhere - I'm looking for
> the Atmel processor discussion list (like the PICLIST, which the original
> poster enquired about) not the a secondary list which takes about a
> product which uses the atmel processor - ie SimStick.
>
> Isn't there an ATMEL version of the PICLIST ?

I wonder if you have a firm grip on how the Internet mailing lists
work.  They don't just "exist", someone decides to set one up and manage
it and then suffer from bounces and addresses that fail and remove users
who have lost their mail addresses and did not unsubscribe.

Well, just to prevent any further clutter on the PIClist about this
(which is run by an independant party not in anyway connected with
Microchip) I will setup an ATMEL mailing list next week.  You and the
first poster from Poland will be the two proud list members of the
list.  Obviously others may join you on the real 'cool' mailing
list and it may grow to be as large as the PIClist.

I will post a message with instructions next week on the PIClist using
this subject line.

And paraphrasing our regular data book donator " I will cheerfully
ignore all further messages about this topic on the PIClist "

         PLEASE wait for the announcement.

> PS: I'll try the other list for a few weeks as well - thanks :)

If you post a question you may get answers.  If you say nothing
your chance of finding what you need right now are slim on any mailing
list.

Cheers
--
Kalle Pihlajasaari   kallespamKILLspamip.co.za   http://www.ip.co.za/ip
Interface Products   P O Box 15775, DOORNFONTEIN, 2028, South Africa
+ 27 (11) 402-7750   Fax: 402-7751    http://www.ip.co.za/people/kalle

DonTronics, Silicon Studio and Wirz Electronics uP Product Dealer

1997\05\17@140104 by Mike

flavicon
face
At 10:25 AM 17/05/97 +0200, you wrote:

>> Isn't there an ATMEL version of the PICLIST ?
>
>I wonder if you have a firm grip on how the Internet mailing lists
>work.

Hi Kalle,

Whats this 'frim grip' business - there is a PIC LIST -  why the sarcasm
when we ask about an ATMEL LIST ? Of course somebody has to set them up
and administer them - why do you think that we think things happen by magic ?

>  They don't just "exist", someone decides to set one up and manage
>it and then suffer from bounces and addresses that fail and remove users
>who have lost their mail addresses and did not unsubscribe.
>
>Well, just to prevent any further clutter on the PIClist about this
>(which is run by an independant party not in anyway connected with
>Microchip) I will setup an ATMEL mailing list next week.

WHAT - if there are only two people that ask if such a list exists then
why waste your valuable time to set it up - we are not asking you to set
it up Kalle - we are just asking if one exists ?

 You and the
>first poster from Poland will be the two proud list members of the
>list.  Obviously others may join you on the real 'cool' mailing
>list and it may grow to be as large as the PIClist.

Why the obtuse and slightly offensive sarcasm - Kalle ?

Does your sarcasm extend to setting up the list - watching nothing happen
for a few months - then shutting it down - and then say 'I told you there
was no need for it' - or something like that ?

>I will post a message with instructions next week on the PIClist using
>this subject line.

Kalle - we are not asking you to waste your time - we simply asked if such
a list exists - through all your hyperbole we have found out it doesn't
thats all ! The next step would be to determine if a separate ATMEL list
is useful - or should ATMEL processor queries be directed to the PIC LIST ?

{Quote hidden}

If we get the type of sarcasm that you have responded with, then we
can be discouraged from asking similar questions - don't you agree ?

I've been on the PICLIST for a few months now. Are you suggesting that
any queries of ATMEL's processors should be directed to the PIC LIST
by default - how are we supposed to know this list is for interested
users of the PIC and ATMEL processors ?

Rgds and please relax Kalle :)


Mike
Perth, Western Australia

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...