Searching \ for 'Serial Port Driver' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/io/serials.htm?key=serial
Search entire site for: 'Serial Port Driver'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Serial Port Driver'
1997\05\12@050932 by Gregg Kricorissian

flavicon
face
Recently, ALex Torres noted some interesting software which he described as
folows:

>> btw, this web have some interesting free software.
For example - "CONNET" (another name "The IBM Handshaker").
It is file manager as Norton Commander (Win95 long names)
but with many many useful features. It was created for
debuggung controllers, connecting to RS232 port, have oun
script language, powerfull text editor (with reading html),
and mamy many orther.<<


I tried downloading "CONNECT", but after about an hour, I had to give up:
the connection wasn't good enough to get beyond 200 bps.

For debugging a controller, the ability to drive a serial port with a script
is really useful.  Can anyone recommend a different package I can try?

TIA,
... Gregg

1997\05\12@100435 by Miller, Steve

flavicon
face
>I tried downloading "CONNECT", but after about an hour, I had to give up:
>the connection wasn't good enough to get beyond 200 bps.

>For debugging a controller, the ability to drive a serial port with a >script
>is really useful.  Can anyone recommend a different package I can try?
>
>TIA,
>.... Gregg

Gregg,

I have used TELIX for this purpose in the past.  It has a fairly strong script
language.  Unfortunately, like most COMM packages, it has the nasty habit of
stripping off some of the non-printable characters.  In particular, TELIX will
strip off any NULLS, (hex = dec = 00).  TELIX is available all over the WEB.
Try http://www.shareware.com

Good Luck,

Steve

1997\05\13@201512 by Alex I. Torres

flavicon
face
  Hi All!

Monday May 12 1997 12:07,
spam_OUTgrkricorTakeThisOuTspamccs.carleton.ca wrote in PICLIST:

> Recently, ALex Torres noted some interesting software which
> he described as folows:
>
>>> btw, this web have some interesting free software.
>
> For example - "CONNET" (another name "The IBM Handshaker").

                     ^^
Pardon, CONNECT.

> It is file manager as Norton Commander (Win95 long names)
> but with many many useful features. It was created for
> debuggung controllers, connecting to RS232 port, have oun
> script language, powerfull text editor (with reading html),
> and mamy many orther.<<
>
>
> I tried downloading "CONNECT", but after about an hour, I
> had to give up: the connection wasn't good enough to get
> beyond 200 bps.

Its another, better site:

 ftp://ftp.kiae.su/msdos/shell/connect/*

> For debugging a controller, the ability to drive a serial
> port with a script is really useful.  Can anyone recommend a
> different package I can try?

Telix ?

  Best Wishes, Alex Torres.
  Kharkov, Ukraine, exUSSR.
  E-Mail To : .....altorKILLspamspam@spam@cook.kharkov.ua   via InterNet
              or 2:461/28             via FidoNet

--- GoldED 2.50.A0531+

1997\05\14@113219 by Dmitry Kiryashov

flavicon
face
Alex I. Torres wrote:

>  > It is file manager as Norton Commander (Win95 long names)
>  > but with many many useful features. It was created for
>  > debuggung controllers, connecting to RS232 port, have oun
>  > script language, powerfull text editor (with reading html),
>  > and mamy many orther.<<
>  >
>  >
>  > I tried downloading "CONNECT", but after about an hour, I
>  > had to give up: the connection wasn't good enough to get
>  > beyond 200 bps.
>
> Its another, better site:
>
>   ftp://ftp.kiae.su/msdos/shell/connect/*
>

There are faster site to download CONNECT:

http://www.kiarchive.ru:8099/pub/msdos/shell/connect/

WBR Dmitry.

1997\05\14@192441 by )

flavicon
face
I had no trouble downloading the 'CONNECT' program from the suggested
site(s).

The problem is ---- I can't read whatever language (I assume Russian)
the docs are written in. The docs
come up as mostly symbol set characters when I look at them with a text
viewer.

Anybody know if there is an English version for someone who is
linguistically impaired?


Frank Richterkessing
Experimental Methods Engineer
GE Appliances

FRANK.RICHTERKESSINGspamKILLspamAPPL.GE.COM

"The secret to good housekeeping -- Use low wattage bulbs!"

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...