Searching \ for 'ProPic 2.4 WARNING, DO NOT USE! (Take extreme care' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'ProPic 2.4 WARNING, DO NOT USE! (Take extreme care'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'ProPic 2.4 WARNING, DO NOT USE! (Take extreme care'
1996\11\29@111415 by Antti Lukats

flavicon
face
Hi PICLIST'ers

If you have buildt or are building ProPic PIC programmer as published
by Noguira from brazil read the following.

1. Current software on the Noguira's website ver 2.4 does switches VPP
incorrectly for PIC16C55x devices. Maybe thats a small bonus for non-
registered users I dont know, but selecting 55X and reading it would
place VPP to pin 1 of the chip, and without current protection it
might(?) blow your chip.

2. If you have buildt the programmer by early schematics, (as I did)
then notice that new schema and new software have changed places for
VPP1 and VPP2 so again, using ver 2.4 with programmer by old schematics
will blow all your chips.

3. At startup the program writes to both LPT1 and LPT2 physical
default addresses!

4. The program has no glue of what is LPT1 and what is LPT2 it uses
the default addresses, and in my case it maps them wrong, my programmer
is in LPT2 but ProPic sees it in LPT1

5. When reading/writing your speaker makes lotsa noices.

6. I was not able to program even a PIC16C84 with ProPic software.

The hardware I have is buildt OK, our software works with it.
Ie programs various PIC's including 55X
(Noguires sees hardware OK, reads C84, but thats it)

IMPORTANT: please dont use ours also at this moment, the driver we
have placed to our web is made by Noguiras old schematics, so making
a programmer by current schematics our software will fail too.

We will update our drivers for Noguira's ProPic programmer during
this weekend and upload to our website.

In the meanwhile I hope you guys dont blow JW parts as my friend did:
16C65 went to trash with ProPic, and I was the one who advised him
to use Noguieras programmer.
Well if he had used only the schema and software (PIP02) I gave
him nothing wouldnt happen, but he tried Noguiras "latest" :(

Antti
-- Silicon Studio Ltd.
-- http://www.sistudio.com

1996\11\29@130915 by Octavio Nogueira

flavicon
face
At 04:13 AM 29/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi PICLIST'ers
>
>If you have buildt or are building ProPic PIC programmer as published
>by Noguira from brazil read the following.
>
>1. Current software on the Noguira's website ver 2.4 does switches VPP
>incorrectly for PIC16C55x devices. Maybe thats a small bonus for non-
>registered users I dont know, but selecting 55X and reading it would
>place VPP to pin 1 of the chip, and without current protection it
>might(?) blow your chip.

       You are wright that the V2.4 switches VPP the wrong way when
programming
       16C55X and 12CXX. But this IS NOT 'A SMALL BONUS FOR
NON-REGISTERED USERS'
       as you stated. This is a bug.

>2. If you have buildt the programmer by early schematics, (as I did)
>then notice that new schema and new software have changed places for
>VPP1 and VPP2 so again, using ver 2.4 with programmer by old schematics
>will blow all your chips.

       The schematic was changed to best use the ZIF.

>3. At startup the program writes to both LPT1 and LPT2 physical
>default addresses!

       You are absolutely wrong, the software write just to the port
you
       configure it, NOT BOTH.

>4. The program has no glue of what is LPT1 and what is LPT2 it uses
>the default addresses, and in my case it maps them wrong, my programmer
>is in LPT2 but ProPic sees it in LPT1

       The software uses 378h as LPT1 and 278h as LPT2 this is the
default
       but if it's diferent in your computer it's not my fault.

>5. When reading/writing your speaker makes lotsa noices.

       Change your computer, buy a good one, this is problem with your
       computer not with my software.

>6. I was not able to program even a PIC16C84 with ProPic software.

       I think you was unable to follow the schematics or do a correct
cable.

{Quote hidden}

       I can send your friend the parts he blowed, just tell him to send
       me a message.
       If you don't have the ability/competence to do your own schema,
       don't use mine. The mine is to be used with ProPic
       If you want to use, ask permision first.

>Antti
>-- Silicon Studio Ltd.
>-- http://www.sistudio.com
>

By the way my name is Nogueira and not Noguira nor Noguiera.

Octavio Nogueira

--
========================================================
Octavio Nogueira
e-mail:   spam_OUTnogueiraTakeThisOuTspammandic.com.br
homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tato
voice/fax: +55 11 240-6474
"ProPic" The first Production PIC Programmer running in
Windows and under US$ 20.00.
========================================================

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1996 , 1997 only
- Today
- New search...