Searching \ for 'PICStart Plus inconsistencies' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'PICStart Plus inconsistencies'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'PICStart Plus inconsistencies'
1999\01\16@131039 by Howard McGinnis

flavicon
face
I'm running the MPLAB 4.0 under NT 3.51 with the PICStart Plus on an IBM
Thinkpad 750C.

Is it just my configuration or is anyone else having problems with the
programmer working sometimes and not others? About ever 3rd time, I have to
exit MPLAB, start it back up, and even then no assurance that the
programmer's going to work reliably?

Howard
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Howard McGinnis                   Electronic Visions, Inc
spam_OUThmcginniTakeThisOuTspamdigital.net            1650 Barrett Drive
(407) 632-7530                      Rockledge FL 32955
FAX (407) 632-3396               http://ddi.digital.net/~hmcginni

1999\01\16@132954 by D. F. Welch

picon face
At 01:09 PM 1/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm running the MPLAB 4.0 under NT 3.51 with the PICStart Plus on an IBM
>Thinkpad 750C.
>
>Is it just my configuration or is anyone else having problems with the
>programmer working sometimes and not others? About ever 3rd

Howard:
Maybe this should become a FAQ.

MPLAB 4.0 will run on NT but the PICStart is not compatible
with NT.  There have been scattered reports of the PICStart
"kinda" working but you really need win-95/win-98/win-3.1 or DOS.
Microchip has been promising an NT driver but to date
have not produced one.  Several months ago someone on the list
claimed to have an NT driver.  Perhaps someone else kept
that posting & can re-post it or even comment on the
usefulness of the substitute driver.

I just dual boot Windows 95 for programming but still use NT for development.


73,
Dan Welch
.....w6dfwKILLspamspam@spam@qsl.net

1999\01\16@152417 by Mark Willis

flavicon
face
D. F. Welch wrote:
{Quote hidden}

 Mini-FAQ fodder?  <G>

 Easy enough to dedicate a small 486 to Win95 or Win3.1 (What ELSE does
one do with one's old development systems?  Sell 'em off?  Sacrilege!
<G>)

 Mark "Why fight with known problems, when you have the solution in the
hardware closet" Willis, .....mwillisKILLspamspam.....nwlink.com

1999\01\16@160826 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
I have worse problems than that ever since I got a 300MHz computer. I am
hoping that putting more recent firmware in the PicStart+ will fix things.
Yes, I've turned off the FIFO on the serial port. It works about every 4th
try. I think I have to click the mouse at just the right point in the
Pentium's instruction cycle :-)

Worked great on a 75MHz machine.

Both running Win95.

-Bob

http://www.bobblick.com/

1999\01\17@013445 by Jim Robertson

flavicon
face
At 10:27 16/01/99 -0800, you wrote:
>At 01:09 PM 1/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>I'm running the MPLAB 4.0 under NT 3.51 with the PICStart Plus on an IBM
>>Thinkpad 750C.
>>
>>Is it just my configuration or is anyone else having problems with the
>>programmer working sometimes and not others? About ever 3rd
>
>Howard:
>Maybe this should become a FAQ.
>
>MPLAB 4.0 will run on NT but the PICStart is not compatible
>with NT.  There have been scattered reports of the PICStart
>"kinda" working but you really need win-95/win-98/win-3.1 or DOS.


DOS? Picstart plus and DOS?


>Microchip has been promising an NT driver but to date
>have not produced one.  Several months ago someone on the list
>claimed to have an NT driver.  Perhaps someone else kept
>that posting & can re-post it or even comment on the
>usefulness of the substitute driver.


I informed the piclist that several people using NT have successfully ran
WinTM4
under NT. Subsequently I have had numerous people try out my windows
drivers for both TM4 programmers and the picstart plus programmer and the
following are my conclusions from all the feedback.

1) There were install problems for many. These problems are now fixed. For
those
wishing to retry, please download and install the VB4 runtime library before
installing WinPSP.

2) WinPSP works under NT as well as it does under win 95.  There is not a
single, "global"  NT problem or win 95 one for that matter but a small number
of people still have odd problems.  For the most though, it works.

BTW.  I have an updated WinPSP to post shortly. I have not been very active
with
this driver as it appears microchip will have the problem fixed shortly.


Regards

Jim



>I just dual boot Windows 95 for programming but still use NT for development.
>
>
>73,
>Dan Welch
>EraseMEw6dfwspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTqsl.net
>
--------------------------------------------------------
Jim Robertson
Email: newfoundspamspam_OUTpipeline.com.au

http://www.pipeline.com.au/users/newfound
--------------------------------------------------------

1999\01\18@070118 by da Silva Júnior

flavicon
face
   Dear Howard

   I have the same problem, in a standard machine. The mplab 4 crashes when
I choose "enable programmer".

  I think it is not your computer.

   Any help is welcome.

   Vidal

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Howard McGinnis <@spam@hmcginniKILLspamspamDIGITAL.NET>
Para: KILLspamPICLISTKILLspamspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU <RemoveMEPICLISTTakeThisOuTspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Data: S‡bado, 16 de Janeiro de 1999 16:09
Assunto: PICStart Plus inconsistencies


{Quote hidden}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...