Searching \ for 'Once in a life-time.' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=once+life+time
Search entire site for: 'Once in a life-time.'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Once in a life-time.'
2007\05\04@092030 by Robert Rolf

picon face
At Three minutes and Four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year,
the time and date will be:  02:03:04 05/06/07.

2007\05\04@153849 by Tobias Gogolin

picon face
Others write 5th of June as 05/06/07
which always appeared more logical to me as far as sorting from small to
large units
of course the time is sorted in reverse AM(=1) 02h 03min 04s
anyhow how about the 01h 02min 03s on 04/05/06
and also for the other applicable years this decade?


On 5/4/07, Robert Rolf <spam_OUTRobert.RolfTakeThisOuTspamualberta.ca> wrote:
>
> At Three minutes and Four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year,
> the time and date will be:  02:03:04 05/06/07.
>
> -

2007\05\05@035213 by Chris McSweeny

picon face
No it's the date that's sorted in reverse (least significant part first) at
least in Europe - in the US the least significant part's in the middle!

More logical would be YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss (as mentioned above by Tamas - what
country does use that notation?)

On 5/4/07, Tobias Gogolin <.....usertogoKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2007\05\05@040125 by Jake Anderson

flavicon
face
Chris McSweeny wrote:
> No it's the date that's sorted in reverse (least significant part first) at
> least in Europe - in the US the least significant part's in the middle!
>
> More logical would be YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss (as mentioned above by Tamas - what
> country does use that notation?)
>  
the ISO date format is YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
note the - not the /
I believe mainland china uses this format, I also use it in everything I
do, nobody has ever been confused by it yet ;->
(Its also the date format that MySQL uses btw)

2007\05\07@150109 by Mauricio Giovagnini

flavicon
face

Jake Anderson escribió:
> Chris McSweeny wrote:
>  
>> No it's the date that's sorted in reverse (least significant part first) at
>> least in Europe - in the US the least significant part's in the middle!
>>
>> More logical would be YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss (as mentioned above by Tamas - what
>> country does use that notation?)
>>  
>>    
I think Japan too.

2007\05\07@155617 by Robert Rolf

picon face
You thought it was confusing before???

Date and Time Formats
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

http://www.exit109.com/~ghealton/y2k/yrexamples.html

In Microsoft.net
http://www.apress.com/ApressCorporate/supplement/1/62/1590590023-267.pdf

Lets just go with the ISO standard, and force our governemnts to comply but
'common usage'.


Interestingly, I could find no web document that lists date format by country.
I thought that Microsoft would have one for it's Winblows installs, but if they
do, it is well hidden.

R

Mauricio Giovagnini wrote:

{Quote hidden}

>

2007\05\07@165240 by Enrico Schuerrer

picon face
In Germany and Austria, for instance, this format was in use for a few years after implementation of ISO units but it doesn't become accepted widely. So the old format DD.MM.YYYY is used (again) - btw. even from MS W2K German.

Regards

Enrico
--
OE1EQW

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Mauricio Giovagnini" <.....maugiovagniniKILLspamspam.....yahoo.com.ar>
An: "Microcontroller discussion list - Public." <EraseMEpiclistspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmit.edu>
Gesendet: Montag, 07. Mai 2007 20:44
Betreff: Re: Once in a life-time.



Jake Anderson escribió:
> Chris McSweeny wrote:
>  
>> No it's the date that's sorted in reverse (least significant part first) at
>> least in Europe - in the US the least significant part's in the middle!
>>
>> More logical would be YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss (as mentioned above by Tamas - what
>> country does use that notation?)
>>  
>>    
I think Japan too.



2007\05\07@171811 by Herbert Graf

flavicon
face
On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 22:53 +0200, Enrico Schuerrer wrote:
> In Germany and Austria, for instance, this format was in use for a few years after implementation of ISO units but it doesn't become accepted widely. So the old format DD.MM.YYYY is used (again) - btw. even from MS W2K German.

FWIW, I've always written dates as follows:

20070507.1717

It's simple to write, leaves nothing to confusing, and orders the
numbers the "correct" way (MSB->LSB), IMHO.

As an aside, Canada is one of the WORST countries when it comes to date
formatting since officially it's dd/mm/yy here, yet, since we do so much
business with our neighbours to the south, it's VERY common to see the
US mm/dd/yy format.

This is fine if it's Halloween, but tell me whether 03/04/07 is supposed
to be march 4th, or april 3rd? It's a COMPLETELY moronic situation IMHO,
and I'm sure many dollars have been lost over the years due to this
stupidity on our part.

TTYL

2007\05\07@172424 by Dario Greggio

face picon face
Herbert Graf wrote:

> FWIW, I've always written dates as follows:
> 20070507.1717

That's why Stardate makes sense :-)

2007\05\07@193523 by Herbert Graf

flavicon
face
On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 23:24 +0200, Dario Greggio wrote:
> Herbert Graf wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I've always written dates as follows:
> > 20070507.1717
>
> That's why Stardate makes sense :-)

Hehe, come to think of it, that's probably where I got the idea from...

TTYL

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...