Searching \ for 'Need PIC Project Suggestion..' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'Need PIC Project Suggestion..'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Need PIC Project Suggestion..'
1998\02\20@191332 by Vu Hoang

flavicon
face
Hi...

       I'm new at working with PICs. Can someone give me suggestions for projec
ts
i can do with PICS?  I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Vu Hoang

1998\02\26@015858 by Mark Lezama

flavicon
face
Hello Vu, to tell the true, I didnt do any proyect with IR controller, I am
working now with data adquisicion system using MAX147, PIC16C64.........this
system can comunicate by RS485 in Modbus Protocol to HMI. If you are
interesting in Modbus protocol and comunication PC running HMI I will be able
to help you.

I have some information about IR transmition but is in spanish, I have saw in
piclist many people that have worked with IR.



spam_OUTvxh0334TakeThisOuTspammegahertz.njit.edu escribis:

> Hey Mark...
>
> Thanks for replying...I was wondering if you've have experience in working
> with PICS doing IR controller?
>
> Vu
>

1998\02\26@024800 by richard skinner

flavicon
face
Mark,
I am very interested in the Modbus protocol from a pic.  I have the specs
laying around somewhere, but
really didn't know how to use them with a pic.  Any examples would prove very
usefull to me.
Richard Skinner
.....rwskinnerKILLspamspam@spam@worldnet.att.net
http://home.att.net/~rwskinner

----------
> From: Mark Lezama <mfidelspamKILLspamTELCEL.NET.VE>
> To: .....PICLISTKILLspamspam.....MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Subject: Re: Need PIC Project Suggestion..
> Date: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 6:13 AM
>
> Hello Vu, to tell the true, I didnt do any proyect with IR controller, I am
> working now with data adquisicion system using MAX147,
PIC16C64.........this
> system can comunicate by RS485 in Modbus Protocol to HMI. If you are
> interesting in Modbus protocol and comunication PC running HMI I will be
able
> to help you.
>
> I have some information about IR transmition but is in spanish, I have saw
in
> piclist many people that have worked with IR.
>
>
>
> EraseMEvxh0334spam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmegahertz.njit.edu escribis:
>
> > Hey Mark...
> >
> > Thanks for replying...I was wondering if you've have experience in
working
> > with PICS doing IR controller?
> >
> > Vu
> >

1998\02\26@161840 by Mark Lezama

flavicon
face
Ok!. In this moment I am doing a DAS (data adquisicion system) for many analizer
in Puerto La Cruz refinery. In these place there is a DCS that take all the
process data, the protocol  that  it use is Modbus. Modbus, I think, is the most
used protocol in control system. Other Proyect I have is HVAC control for all
Big
Building, we are doing that with many PIC (16c74) base controllers and RSVIEW32
(HMI), the comunication betwen RSVIEW32 and the controllers is Modbus on a
RS-485
net. Maybe you asked "why Mark uses Modbus rather than create his own
protocol?".
The answer is easy, if I use a open protocol my proyects can speak almost with
any HMI system, SCADAs and DCS.

richard skinner escribis:

> Mark,
> I am very interested in the Modbus protocol from a pic.  I have the specs
> laying around somewhere, but
> really didn't know how to use them with a pic.  Any examples would prove very
>  usefull to me.
> Richard Skinner
> rwskinnerspamspam_OUTworldnet.att.net
> http://home.att.net/~rwskinner
>

1998\02\26@202422 by richard skinner

flavicon
face
Yes, we have SCADA systems in measurement, run Seimens PLC's, TI504's and
such, which
all support the MODBUS/8.  I often wanted to interface to them, just haven't
taken the time to.

Richard Skinner
@spam@rwskinnerKILLspamspamworldnet.att.net
http://home.att.net/~rwskinner

----------
> From: Mark Lezama <KILLspammfidelKILLspamspamTELCEL.NET.VE>
> To: RemoveMEPICLISTTakeThisOuTspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Subject: Re: Need PIC Project Suggestion..
> Date: Thursday, February 26, 1998 6:38 AM
>
> Ok!. In this moment I am doing a DAS (data adquisicion system) for many
analizer
> in Puerto La Cruz refinery. In these place there is a DCS that take all the
> process data, the protocol  that  it use is Modbus. Modbus, I think, is the
most
> used protocol in control system. Other Proyect I have is HVAC control for
all
>  Big
> Building, we are doing that with many PIC (16c74) base controllers and
RSVIEW32
> (HMI), the comunication betwen RSVIEW32 and the controllers is Modbus on a
>  RS-485
> net. Maybe you asked "why Mark uses Modbus rather than create his own
>  protocol?".
> The answer is easy, if I use a open protocol my proyects can speak almost
with
> any HMI system, SCADAs and DCS.
>
> richard skinner escribis:
>
> > Mark,
> > I am very interested in the Modbus protocol from a pic.  I have the specs
> > laying around somewhere, but
> > really didn't know how to use them with a pic.  Any examples would prove
very
> >  usefull to me.
> > Richard Skinner
> > spamBeGonerwskinnerspamBeGonespamworldnet.att.net
> > http://home.att.net/~rwskinner
> >

1998\02\27@092924 by Mark Lezama

flavicon
face
Richard, I have the protocol in C lenguage, if you want I can send it to you.
this protocol do a ram table where the master can read and write. the only think
you need is complete the programa using an specific memory posicion  for your
variable. the code take care of the serial port and interrup, you also have to
specificate baud rate and address. I do the protocol in 8n1 Modbus RTU.

richard skinner escribis:

> Yes, we have SCADA systems in measurement, run Seimens PLC's, TI504's and
> such, which
> all support the MODBUS/8.  I often wanted to interface to them, just haven't
> taken the time to.
>
> Richard Skinner
> TakeThisOuTrwskinnerEraseMEspamspam_OUTworldnet.att.net
> http://home.att.net/~rwskinner
>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...