Searching \ for 'JW parts erase time' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/timers.htm?key=time
Search entire site for: 'JW parts erase time'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'JW parts erase time'
1998\11\17@184037 by Ivan Cenov

flavicon
face
Hi,

I have several PIC16C76/JW for debug purposes,
Each time I erase them more time for erasing is needed.
First 10 erasures take 10-15 min, but now, when I eraseed a part 20 times
I wait 30-40 min.
Is this inevitable ?
If I buy 10 JW parts this will not be (big) problem but these are not so
cheap.
or may be my lamp is too string for PICs ?

Ivan Cenov
spam_OUTokto7TakeThisOuTspambotev.ttm.bg
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/9276/
ICQ: 17221948
Do what have to do, let happens what it wants.

1998\11\17@190418 by John Bellini

flavicon
face
I find the problem is one of a two things:

1.      If you don't clean the windows before you erase them, they can
take longer to erase or will not erase at all.
2.      They have been erased many times before.

I find if I always clean the windows first, it is usually around
20-25minutes.

What I want to know is if it is bad for the /JW's to be in the UV eraser
overnight (24Hours plus)?

John Bellini

               {Original Message removed}

1998\11\17@194144 by Eric Smith

flavicon
face
John Bellini <.....JBelliniKILLspamspam@spam@STATPOWER.COM> wrote:
> What I want to know is if it is bad for the /JW's to be in the UV eraser
> overnight (24Hours plus)?

I once accidentally left some PIC16C71JW parts in the eraser for a week.
They still seem to work fine.  I wouldn't be surprised if doing so reduces
their useful life, but I have no hard evidence either way.

Now I use a timer with the eraser.

Eric

1998\11\17@223745 by Ivan Cenov

flavicon
face
The peoples that have deal with microelectronics says
that it is not good practice to leave JW (EPROM) parts
more time that needed in UV eraser.

{Original Message removed}

1998\11\17@234101 by Tjaart van der Walt

flavicon
face
Ivan Cenov wrote:
>
> The peoples that have deal with microelectronics says
> that it is not good practice to leave JW (EPROM) parts
> more time that needed in UV eraser.
>
> {Original Message removed}

1998\11\18@120639 by Peter L. Peres

picon face
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Ivan Cenov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several PIC16C76/JW for debug purposes,
> Each time I erase them more time for erasing is needed.
> First 10 erasures take 10-15 min, but now, when I eraseed a part 20 times
> I wait 30-40 min.
> Is this inevitable ?
> If I buy 10 JW parts this will not be (big) problem but these are not so
> cheap.
> or may be my lamp is too string for PICs ?

How strong is your lamp, and how far ? I've used 3000W UV exposure units
for EPROM erasure before, w/o problems. Took 20 minutes at 50 cm.

Peter

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...