Searching \ for 'I'm Sorry!!! I'm wrote wrong about RB4 Pin!!' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=sorry+wrote+wrong
Search entire site for: 'I'm Sorry!!! I'm wrote wrong about RB4 Pin!!'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'I'm Sorry!!! I'm wrote wrong about RB4 Pin!!'
1999\08\03@143955 by ES CAPRONI/4905/962/Graduacao

flavicon
face
Dear PicMasters:
     Yesterday I wrote a message about a RB4 pin in a pic16c84, but I
didn't wrote correctly.

     My problem is: "When I configure the RB4 to OUTPUT, the pin don't
works. In MPLAB simulator the tris register and porta register works fine,
but in the circuit, nothing. I wrote a small program to test this port, but
didn't works to."

     Sorry my stupid question and my stupid error.

     Best Regards:
         Rodolfo - Brazil

1999\08\03@192624 by Tony Nixon

flavicon
picon face
RODOLFO SOARES CAPRONI/4905/962/Graduacao wrote:
>       My problem is: "When I configure the RB4 to OUTPUT, the pin don't
> works. In MPLAB simulator the tris register and porta register works fine,
> but in the circuit, nothing. I wrote a small program to test this port, but
> didn't works to."

What is the pin connected to. Try just flashing a LED and resistor. If
this fails then maybe your RB4 pin is dead.

--
Best regards

Tony

"COMING SOON"
A Parallax to PIC source code converter.

http://www.picnpoke.com
Email ???

1999\08\03@194640 by Alice Campbell

flavicon
face
another thing to try before complete panic:

1.using voltmeter, measure voltage from vss to vcc.  is it 5v? if
not, fix it, and go to step 2.
2.  measure voltage from -mclr to ground. is it 0? if not, fix it,
and go to step 3.
3. measure voltage on osc1 and osc2.  they should be somewhere
between 1.5 and 3 volts. they are generally a little different, but
both pins ought to have some voltage.  if not, it isnt oscillating,
probably.  fiddle with capacitor sizes.   try doubling up on the 15
pfs for a total of 30pf on each leg.
4.  if oscillator seems ok, measure voltage on  b4.  if it is 5
volts, the led is in backwards.  if not, edit program and try b3 or 2
or 1.  at this point you should have some idea if the thing is
working at all.
5.  a dead pic wont program, probably, and will give
verify errors.  a live one can usually be read back ok.  this isnt
foolproof.
6.  now, and only now, you may panic.

alice
{Quote hidden}

1999\08\04@004351 by Mark Willis

flavicon
face
Alice Campbell wrote:
>
> another thing to try before complete panic:
>
> 1.using voltmeter, measure voltage from vss to vcc.  is it 5v? if
> not, fix it, and go to step 2.
> 2.  measure voltage from -mclr to ground. is it 0? if not, fix it,
> and go to step 3.

 Um...  Um...  Uh...  <Cough Cough>

 I usually pull ~MClr UP to Vss/Vcc (+5V), through a 10k resistor (for
example), if it's at Ground the PIC's being held in reset, don't expect
the PIC to run...

> 3. measure voltage on osc1 and osc2.  they should be somewhere
> between 1.5 and 3 volts. they are generally a little different, but
> both pins ought to have some voltage.  if not, it isnt oscillating,
> probably.  fiddle with capacitor sizes.   try doubling up on the 15
> pfs for a total of 30pf on each leg.

 ...  Except your O-Scope or DVM probe may well affect the operation of
the oscillator drastically, best/easiest to use a buffer & check that
the buffer's output has a nice clean wave on it - or use a 10x O-Scope
probe, and expect some frequency deviation if your circuit's running
critical timing.

{Quote hidden}

 And there's the ever-popular RA4 problem where people forget that RA4
is open drain (i.e. will only ground itself, not pull itself high), but
this isn't applicable here as you're talking RB4 not RA4.  I mention
this just in case you MEANT RA4 <G>  (I've done worse than that,
myself!)

 Mark

1999\08\04@120947 by Alice Campbell

flavicon
face
thanks for the catch, mark,  darn brain browns out whenever i try to
put any load on it.  more coffee....
alice



> > and go to step 3.
>
>   Um...  Um...  Uh...  <Cough Cough>
>
>   I usually pull ~MClr UP to Vss/Vcc (+5V), through a 10k resistor (for
> example), if it's at Ground the PIC's being held in reset, don't expect
> the PIC to run...
>
>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...