Searching \ for 'Graphic LCD Example Code.' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/lcds.htm?key=lcd
Search entire site for: 'Graphic LCD Example Code.'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Graphic LCD Example Code.'
1999\10\05@110834 by Steven Kosmerchock

flavicon
face
Friends,
I *finally* got ahold of a couple graphic LCDs ("AND" 128x128) and
was hoping somebody might have some sample code. This project
is going to be cool when I finish it!! I have a 2 1/2 year old son who loves
ughhhhhh "teletubbies". I figured I would make him a small toy that will
play different "episodes" (that I write) depending on what button he presses.
I am going to hook the graphic LCD to a PIC16C67 or a 16F877. The PIC
will also have a large external memory to hold the "episodes". Then I will also
have some music to go along with the episodes, as well as a voice
playback module that I can make them "talk" to him. Sounds COOL doesn't
it. To get started I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to share some
assembly they used. I realize this project is going to be VERY expensive, but
if I wanted to have money, I would have never had a child. ;-)   I am using a di
splay
with a T6963C controller. I appreciate your opinions and help.

Thanks alot!
Steve



Steven Kosmerchock
Father/Student/Engineering Technician
CELWAVE (soon to be RFS)
Phoenix   Az   USA
Email:  spam_OUTsteve.kosmerchockTakeThisOuTspamcelwave.com
http://www.geocities.com/researchtriangle/lab/6584

1999\10\05@112050 by Fansler, David

flavicon
face
I have used an external controller from Cybernetics Micro
(http://www.controlchips.com <http://www.controlchips.com> ) CY325.  This is an
intelligent graphics/text controller for lcd displays up to 128x240.
Communication to the CY325 is parallel or serial.  The CY325 talks to
Toshiba based lcd displays.

David V. Fansler
Network Administrator
TriPath Imaging, Inc.
336-222-9707 Ext. 261
.....dfanslerKILLspamspam@spam@autocyte.com <dfanslerspamKILLspamautocyte.com>
Now Showing! http://www.mindspring.com/~dfansler
<http://www.mindspring.com/~dfansler>   Updated September 23, 1999


               {Original Message removed}

1999\10\05@115324 by Steve Lawther

flavicon
face
See my web page for sample PIC code and a document on writing code for the
T6963C

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/steve_lawther/t6963C.htm

Steve Lawther

> {Original Message removed}

1999\10\05@120638 by Octavio Nogueira

flavicon
face
I think the Tiger processor would be perfect for
this. It has several routines ready for T6963 controller.
You will need a lot of memory for this, maybe a SmartMedia
card or a MultiMedia card, both known as 'digital film'.
I'm interested in this project as well.

Friendly Regards

Octavio Nogueira
===================================================
.....nogueiraKILLspamspam.....propic2.com                  ICQ# 19841898
ProPic tools - low cost PIC programmer and emulator
http://www.propic2.com
===================================================
-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Steven Kosmerchock <EraseMESteve.Kosmerchockspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTCELWAVE.COM>
Para: <PICLISTspamspam_OUTMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Enviada em: Tera-feira, Outubro 05, 1999 11:54
Assunto: Graphic LCD Example Code.


> Friends,
> I *finally* got ahold of a couple graphic LCDs ("AND" 128x128) and
> was hoping somebody might have some sample code. This project
> is going to be cool when I finish it!! I have a 2 1/2 year old son who
loves
> ughhhhhh "teletubbies". I figured I would make him a small toy that will
> play different "episodes" (that I write) depending on what button he
presses.
> I am going to hook the graphic LCD to a PIC16C67 or a 16F877. The PIC
> will also have a large external memory to hold the "episodes". Then I will
also
> have some music to go along with the episodes, as well as a voice
> playback module that I can make them "talk" to him. Sounds COOL doesn't
> it. To get started I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to share
some
> assembly they used. I realize this project is going to be VERY expensive,
but
> if I wanted to have money, I would have never had a child. ;-)   I am
using a display
{Quote hidden}

1999\10\05@134548 by White Horse Design

flavicon
face
<x-flowed>At 16:20 05/10/1999 , you wrote:
>I have used an external controller from Cybernetics Micro
>(http://www.controlchips.com <http://www.controlchips.com> ) CY325.  This is an
>intelligent graphics/text controller for lcd displays up to 128x240.
>Communication to the CY325 is parallel or serial.  The CY325 talks to
>Toshiba based lcd displays.

But he already has a T6963 controller ...

I am considering an LCD (with such a controller) and a PIC interface to a
16C72 or the same as he's using. I have an ICE PIC Jr which emulates a
16C74 at the moment and can handle 16C72.

I have not really started it yet since we're evaluating off the shelf
serial LCDs (text) and haven't decided whether to migrate to an equivalent
4x20 sized graphic display.

If it were a 16C74 target (overkill) or the 16F877 (which has PSP I
believe) I would consider connecting the LCD T6963 interface specifically
to the parallel slave port (CS\ etc) after checking the timing specifications.

On the 16C72 I have considered (a little!) driving the control strobes in
software but this may or may not be too slow.

Regards

Adrian
---
WWW    WWW   Adrian Gothard
WWW WW WWW   White Horse Design
WWWWWWWWWW   +44-385-970009 (Mobile/SMS), +44-118-962-8913/4 (voice/fax)
WWWW  WWWW   KILLspamwhdKILLspamspamzetnet.co.uk, http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/whd
---
Developers of GPS satellite-based tracking systems for vehicles/helicopters

</x-flowed>

1999\10\05@141114 by Fansler, David

flavicon
face
Yes he is using a Toshiba based controller - this is what the CY325 talks
to.  I guess the main advantage of using the CY325 to me is the reduction in
the number of control lines needed (3 vs ~ 11)

David V. Fansler
Network Administrator
TriPath Imaging, Inc.
336-222-9707 Ext. 261
RemoveMEdfanslerTakeThisOuTspamautocyte.com <spamBeGonedfanslerspamBeGonespamautocyte.com>
Now Showing! http://www.mindspring.com/~dfansler
<http://www.mindspring.com/~dfansler>   Updated September 23, 1999


               {Original Message removed}

1999\10\05@200007 by John C. Frenzel

picon face
Steve,
I recently interfaced a 240x64 display using a T6963 controller to a 16F84
on a simmstick.   The code is in CCS C with asm for the bit banging parts.
The display takes 19200 baud serial input.   I started with
http://www.vermontlife.com/gary/dmf5005.htm , take a look
John
{Original Message removed}

1999\10\05@210733 by Jim Paul

picon face
John,

I know this email wasn't intended for me specifically, but when I try to
look at the page
you show a link for, I get a Not Found Error 404.   Any ideas why it doesn't
work?  I'm
interested in a graphics program for an LCD myself.   Your help would be
appreciated here.


Thanks and Regards,


Jim
{Original Message removed}

1999\10\05@231105 by John C. Frenzel

picon face
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Paul <TakeThisOuTjamespEraseMEspamspam_OUTINTERTEX.NET>
To: <RemoveMEPICLISTspamTakeThisOuTMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: Graphic LCD Example Code.


> John,
>
> I know this email wasn't intended for me specifically, but when I try to
> look at the page
> you show a link for, I get a Not Found Error 404.   Any ideas why it
doesn't
> work?  I'm
> interested in a graphics program for an LCD myself.   Your help would be
> appreciated here.
>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
>
> Jim
Jim,
I got no clue!  It was up as of 8/15/99.  If you go to
http://www.vermontlife.com and click on the embedded ethernet link that
gives the same error that you found.  Maybe he moved his site? I don't know.
The author is Gary Desrosiers.   In his application he interfaces a 16f84 to
a T6963 controlled display.   He demonstrates the whole project with an
assembly program to draw lines and a graph on the screen.   I have the asm
source around here if you want.
John


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com

1999\10\05@234924 by Jim Paul

picon face
John,

I tried again, but got the same error.  I guess he did move.  Oh well.
Yes, if you have some code and are willing to share it, that would be great.
I would appreciate that very much.


Thanks and Regards,


Jim
{Original Message removed}

1999\10\06@002609 by John C. Frenzel

picon face
Jim,
I have the asm file.   It is about 20k, so I will mail it to you
John

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Paul <jamespEraseMEspam.....INTERTEX.NET>
To: <EraseMEPICLISTspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: Graphic LCD Example Code.


> John,
>
> I tried again, but got the same error.  I guess he did move.  Oh well.
> Yes, if you have some code and are willing to share it, that would be
great.
> I would appreciate that very much.
>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
>
> Jim



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com

1999\10\06@043711 by paulb

flavicon
face
Steven Kosmerchock wrote:

> I realize this project is going to be VERY expensive, but if I wanted
> to have money, I would have never had a child. ;-)

 I think you should consider manufacturing and marketing it!  You'd
need to go COB, Taiwan, license etc., but it could really catch on...
--
 Cheers,
       Paul B.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...