Searching \ for 'About the PIClist...' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'About the PIClist...'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'About the PIClist...'
2002\09\12@113654 by

flavicon
face
About the PIClist itself...

I'v a problem I can't solve.
This is the scenario :

- I register using a specific mail account. All OK.

- I than put a forward on all mails to this account pointing
 to another account. Then all messages from either the
 PICLIST, LISTSERV or any other "user" on "MITVMA.MIT.EDU"
 just stops. Nothing, no error messages.

My question is, anyone else having subscribed to the PICLIST
using an account that have all it's mail forwarded to
another account ?

(I'v also tried to contact "PICLIST-request" also, but
no reply so far.)

Best Regards
Jan-Erik Söderholm.

PS.
You ask why I'm doing this ?
Well, it's just mail-management...
DS.

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email spam_OUTlistservTakeThisOuTspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\09\12@134740 by Barry Gershenfeld

face picon face
First of all, if you just subscribed, make sure you wait
for all those confirmation messages before forwarding the
mail.  You'd likely confuse the process if your email
address changed in the middle.

Otherwise, note that anything that causes a message (or
"information" about a message) to go back to the list is
probably going to get you turned off as well.  There are
a lot of scripts (plus some manual intervention) to catch
anything that looks like a loop.

Finally, read Dale's comments about finding yourself
switched to NOMAIL.  (See: "List admin matters", paragraph 3).  It will confirm what I said, plus,
if you can get your mail back on by changing the setting,
that will help you troubleshoot your problem by telling
you whether your "suscription" was removed or whether
you got set to NOMAIL.

Barry


{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email .....listservKILLspamspam@spam@mitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\09\12@141314 by Herbert Graf

flavicon
face
> About the PIClist itself...
>
> I'v a problem I can't solve.
> This is the scenario :
>
> - I register using a specific mail account. All OK.
>
> - I than put a forward on all mails to this account pointing
>   to another account. Then all messages from either the
>   PICLIST, LISTSERV or any other "user" on "MITVMA.MIT.EDU"
>   just stops. Nothing, no error messages.
>
> My question is, anyone else having subscribed to the PICLIST
> using an account that have all it's mail forwarded to
> another account ?

       Chances are the account that the mail is getting forwarded too has spam
"protection" that sees your forwarded messages as spam. This has happened
before.

> PS.
> You ask why I'm doing this ?
> Well, it's just mail-management...


       I do the same with other addresses. TTYL

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email listservspamKILLspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\09\12@141901 by

flavicon
face
I waited with the forwarding until PIClist messages
begun comming in. When I enabled the forward, all PIClist
messages "disapared". Nothing on either account.

N.B that *anything* NOT comming from "MITVMA.MIT.EDU"
are forwarded just fine. The forward has been in place
for years without losing any mails (as far as I know).

I was hooping for some bounced messages from the list admins,
that I could forward to my ISP of the failing account where
the forward is enabled.


Herbert Graf wrote :
'Chances are the account that the mail is getting forwarded too has spam
"protection" that sees your forwarded messages as spam. This has happened
before.'

As I sad above, this particular forward has been enabled between
these accounts for years withour losing anything so far.

Thanks all !
Jan-Erik Söderholm.

{Original Message removed}

2002\09\12@142943 by Herbert Graf

flavicon
face
> I waited with the forwarding until PIClist messages
> begun comming in. When I enabled the forward, all PIClist
> messages "disapared". Nothing on either account.

       That tracks with your ISP having just installed a spam filter.

> N.B that *anything* NOT comming from "MITVMA.MIT.EDU"
> are forwarded just fine. The forward has been in place
> for years without losing any mails (as far as I know).

       Again, it depends on the spam filter. PICLIST messages are considered by
some filters to be spam since the receipient address in the message does not
correspond to the person's actually email address. This problem is common
with many mailing lists. This sort of filter is bad since any bcc traffic is
rejected, some tolerate this some don't.

> I was hooping for some bounced messages from the list admins,
> that I could forward to my ISP of the failing account where
> the forward is enabled.

       I have not personally noticed any error messages relating to your account,
however that is by far not definitive. I would think however if ALL your
messages weren't getting through one of us would have noticed, but it's
possible we didn't. TTYL

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email .....listservKILLspamspam.....mitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\09\12@212838 by 4HAZ

flavicon
face
I have had similar and worse, one site would not let me unsubscribe because
my primary email address changed. The way to trick most of them is to go in
and forge the headers so it appears to be coming from the old account.

Lonnie - KF4HAZ -

----- From: "Jan-erik Svderholm (QAC)" <Jan-erik.Soderholm@

About the PIClist itself...

I'v a problem I can't solve.
This is the scenario :

- I register using a specific mail account. All OK.

- I than put a forward on all mails to this account pointing
 to another account. Then all messages from either the
 PICLIST, LISTSERV or any other "user" on "MITVMA.MIT.EDU"
 just stops. Nothing, no error messages.

My question is, anyone else having subscribed to the PICLIST
using an account that have all it's mail forwarded to
another account ?

(I'v also tried to contact "PICLIST-request" also, but
no reply so far.)

Best Regards
Jan-Erik Svderholm.

PS.
You ask why I'm doing this ?
Well, it's just mail-management...
DS.

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email EraseMElistservspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2002 , 2003 only
- Today
- New search...