Searching \ for '2D Space Recognition' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=space+recognition
Search entire site for: '2D Space Recognition'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'2D Space Recognition'
1995\09\27@091715 by Stuart Allman

flavicon
face
I'm looking for a way to create a small pad where I can put sensors at
the corners and have them recognize where an object is in the area.  I
was thinking about doing it with magnetic fields, but there's no flux
change unless I move the object.  Is there any way to do this with an IR
transmitter.  The area is limited to 10cm x 10cm and it has to be
sensitive to within 0.1 mm.  The source of movement can't be a
directional, because the signal must be picked up no matter where the
object is.

Stuart Allman
spam_OUTstudioTakeThisOuTspamhalcyon.com

1995\09\27@114553 by Rolan

flavicon
face
On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Stuart Allman wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to create a small pad where I can put sensors at
> the corners and have them recognize where an object is in the area.  I
> was thinking about doing it with magnetic fields, but there's no flux
> change unless I move the object.  Is there any way to do this with an IR
> transmitter.  The area is limited to 10cm x 10cm and it has to be
> sensitive to within 0.1 mm.  The source of movement can't be a
> directional, because the signal must be picked up no matter where the
> object is.
>
> Stuart Allman
> .....studioKILLspamspam@spam@halcyon.com

You might want to try modifying an old Koala Pad (a touch pad made
for Apple & Commodore computers). I think that Radio Shack used to
also sell a version of it. How heavy is your object?

-()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()-
Rolan Yang            http://hertz.njit.edu/~rxy5310   Electrical Engineer
rxy5310spamKILLspamhertz.njit.edu                             .....kyuriusKILLspamspam.....tsb.weschke.com
VR,ROBOTICS,FENCING,HACKING,INDUSTRIAL MUSIC,ART,EXPLOSIVES,INLINE SKATING
                   THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS.
-()---()---()---()---()---()-----()-()---()---()---()---()---()---()---()-
4 out of 10 people are annoyed by ^ this.

1995\09\28@085539 by Greg Riddick

flavicon
face
You also might want to try: Interlink Electronics
                           546 Flynn Road Camarillo CA 93012
                           805-484-8855

They make force-sensing resistors in various flat configurations,
including a square grid of sensors that might work for your
application. My information is 2 years old, so hopefully they're
still in business.

1995\09\28@113901 by mike

flavicon
picon face
In message <EraseME9509271419.aa03387spam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTpunt-4.mail.demon.net> PICLISTspamspam_OUTmitvma.bitnet
writes:
> I'm looking for a way to create a small pad where I can put sensors at
> the corners and have them recognize where an object is in the area.  I
>                                              ^^^^^^
> Stuart Allman
> @spam@studioKILLspamspamhalcyon.com
>
Any clues to the size, shape and weight of this object? It might help
with a solution.

Mike Watson
--
Mayes uk

1995\09\28@194931 by Stuart Allman

flavicon
face
On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Mayes uk wrote:

> In message <KILLspam9509271419.aa03387KILLspamspampunt-4.mail.demon.net> RemoveMEPICLISTTakeThisOuTspammitvma.bitnet
>  writes:
> > I'm looking for a way to create a small pad where I can put sensors at
> > the corners and have them recognize where an object is in the area.  I
> >                                              ^^^^^^
> > Stuart Allman
> > spamBeGonestudiospamBeGonespamhalcyon.com
> >
> Any clues to the size, shape and weight of this object? It might help
> with a solution.
>

Think of the pad in the same way as the powerbook touch pads work.  The
object could be the tip of a pen, or a finger, or the end of some type of
sensor. ie.  Something small.

Stuart Allman
TakeThisOuTstudioEraseMEspamspam_OUThalcyon.com


> Mike Watson
> --
> Mayes uk
>

1995\09\29@185326 by Christer Johansson

picon face
Hi,

>You also might want to try: Interlink Electronics
>                            546 Flynn Road Camarillo CA 93012
>                            805-484-8855
>
>They make force-sensing resistors in various flat configurations,
>including a square grid of sensors that might work for your
>application. My information is 2 years old, so hopefully they're
>still in business.

Anyone who has the faxnumber to Interlink Electronics ?

Thanks in advance,

/Christer

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
* High Tech Horizon - Christer Johansson - * email: RemoveMEcjspamTakeThisOuTalgonet.se *
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
* Vi saljer Parallax, Inc. BASIC Stamp's produkter i Skandinavien *
   >> World Wide Web - http://www.algonet.se/~cj/catalog.html <<
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1995\09\29@233919 by sorokin

flavicon
face
>Hi,

>>You also might want to try: Interlink Electronics
>>                            546 Flynn Road Camarillo CA 93012
>>                            805-484-8855
>>

>Anyone who has the faxnumber to Interlink Electronics ?

Their fax number is: (805) 484-8989.

----
Sergey Sorokin
ProSoft, Inc.
17/21 Malaya Ekaterininskaya Str., 129110, Moscow, Russia
Tel. +7(095) 971-2059
Fax. +7(095) 971-4000
E-mail: sorokinEraseMEspam.....prosoftmpc.msk.su


'2D Space Recognition'
1995\10\01@132819 by Greg Riddick
flavicon
face
FAX NUMBER for Interlink Electronics: 805-484-8989

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1995 , 1996 only
- Today
- New search...