Searching \ for '12C508/509 ICP source' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=12c508509+icp+source
Search entire site for: '12C508/509 ICP source'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'12C508/509 ICP source'
1997\02\22@182742 by Jeff King

flavicon
face
I'm looking at a 12C508 design in which I would like
to program the device in circuit. I'd program the
code in the device ROM and specific device values
in higher memory. I'll be having unskilled
technicians program the parts, so I'd like to
build a canned ap that will program the devices
as well as allow selection of specific values
for the part. Ability to use the lpt port of
the PC would be a plus.

Is there any existing source that anyone is aware
of for programming a 12C508?

-Jeff King

1997\02\23@164916 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
At 06:25 PM 2/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm looking at a 12C508 design in which I would like
>to program the device in circuit. I'd program the
>code in the device ROM and specific device values
>in higher memory. I'll be having unskilled
>technicians program the parts, so I'd like to
>build a canned ap that will program the devices
>as well as allow selection of specific values
>for the part. Ability to use the lpt port of
>the PC would be a plus.
>
>Is there any existing source that anyone is aware
>of for programming a 12C508?

The programming algorithm for the serial parts, from 16C74 down to 12C508,
is essentially the same for all chips (except the '8x timing).  You do well
to contact a professional on this.

I recommend _NOT_ using a programmer based on the serial port, though.

Andy
==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

1997\02\23@181426 by Peter Grey

picon face
At 04:53 PM 23/02/97 -0500, you wrote:

{Quote hidden}

I use a programmer from Newfound electronics (Warp-3) and find it to work well.
It uses serial port. However I am not using it to program in circuit.

I guess you could say it was in the Beta phase.


Peter Grey
Neosystems
Australia

1997\02\23@185540 by Jeff King

flavicon
face
At 04:53 PM 2/23/97 -0500, Andy Kunz wrote:
>At 06:25 PM 2/22/97 -0500, Jeff King wrote:

>>Is there any existing source that anyone is aware
>>of for programming a 12C508?
>
>The programming algorithm for the serial parts, from 16C74 down to 12C508,
>is essentially the same for all chips (except the '8x timing).  You do well
>to contact a professional on this.
>
>I recommend _NOT_ using a programmer based on the serial port, though.
>
>Andy

OK on it being the same algorithm. Then let me rephrase. Are you (or anyone)
aware of any source for programming the 16C74-12C508 using the PC's
LPT port? I've got the programming specs and could try it from scratch
myself but thought there might already be some source out there.

Anyone know of anything? Possibly one of the numerous 16C84 programers
include the PC source?

-Jeff King

1997\02\24@042140 by Keith Dowsett

flavicon
face
>
>OK on it being the same algorithm. Then let me rephrase. Are you (or anyone)
>aware of any source for programming the 16C74-12C508 using the PC's
>LPT port? I've got the programming specs and could try it from scratch
>myself but thought there might already be some source out there.
>
>Anyone know of anything? Possibly one of the numerous 16C84 programers
>include the PC source?
>
>-Jeff King

How about Octavio's Propic programmer? Have a look at

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/6902/index.html

Keith.
==========================================================
Keith Dowsett         "Variables won't; constants aren't."

E-mail: spam_OUTkdowsettTakeThisOuTspamrpms.ac.uk
  WWW: http://kd.rpms.ac.uk/index.html

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...