Searching \ for '[TECH] Atmel AVR that can run on 0.7V' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=atmel+avr+can+run
Search entire site for: 'Atmel AVR that can run on 0.7V'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[TECH] Atmel AVR that can run on 0.7V'
2009\03\13@054021 by cdb

flavicon
face
ATtiny43U

www.atmel.com/products/avr/attiny43u.asp
--
cdb,   13/03/2009

--




spam_OUTcolinTakeThisOuTspambtech-online.co.uk

2009\03\13@054823 by William \Chops\ Westfield

face picon face

On Mar 13, 2009, at 2:40 AM, cdb wrote:

> ATtiny43U

Atmel has again been placed on my "don't believe it till
digikey has stock two months in a row" list...

 :-(
BillW

2009\03\13@062319 by Rikard Bosnjakovic

picon face
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:48, William Chops Westfield <.....westfwKILLspamspam@spam@mac.com> wrote:

> Atmel has again been placed on my "don't believe it till
> digikey has stock two months in a row" list...

I thought Atmel was bleeding to death when they were up for sale and
declined Microchip's offer.

I take it they survived?


--
- Rikard - http://bos.hack.org/cv/

2009\03\13@063816 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
>> ATtiny43U
>
> Atmel has again been placed on my "don't believe it till
> digikey has stock two months in a row" list...


Listed at Digikey now - but non-stock


        R

2009\03\13@064512 by William \Chops\ Westfield
face picon face

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:23 AM, Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:

> I thought Atmel was bleeding to death when they were up for
> sale and declined Microchip's offer.  ... I take it they survived?

They always claimed that they were in fine shape, and had their
own plans for restructuring the company more profitably...

Time will tell.  Now it's pretty tough times for all.

BillW

2009\03\13@064929 by William \Chops\ Westfield

face picon face

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:37 AM, Russell McMahon wrote:

> Listed at Digikey now - but non-stock

I'm particularly disappointed about the ATXMegas that were  
"new" (Xmega128 and 64 "available now", others due Q2 or Q3 2008) at  
ESC a year ago, and still aren't shipping to any real extent.  The  
ATmega328 seems to have shown up, though.

BillW

2009\03\13@192425 by Brian B. Riley

picon face
the 328 supply chain is still bumpy ... I just took the last 44 Mouser  
had and 1500+ are not due in until the end of April ...

On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:49 AM, William Chops Westfield wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> --

2009\03\16@105537 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, William Chops Westfield <westfwspamKILLspammac.com> wrote:
> Atmel has again been placed on my "don't believe it till
> digikey has stock two months in a row" list...

Heh, how long was it off that list this last time?

I'm using the AVR32 UC3B for a project at the moment,  fortunately
it's low volume and Digikey and others have many times this volume in
stock at any given time so I'm not particularly worried.

Still, I keep wishing I could use less of their framework so it'd be
easier to port in case of supply issues.

-Adam

2009\03\16@221942 by solarwind

picon face
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM, M. Adam Davis <.....stienmanKILLspamspam.....gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, William Chops Westfield <EraseMEwestfwspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmac.com> wrote:
>> Atmel has again been placed on my "don't believe it till
>> digikey has stock two months in a row" list...
>
> Heh, how long was it off that list this last time?
>
> I'm using the AVR32 UC3B for a project at the moment,  fortunately
> it's low volume and Digikey and others have many times this volume in
> stock at any given time so I'm not particularly worried.
>
> Still, I keep wishing I could use less of their framework so it'd be
> easier to port in case of supply issues.
>
> -Adam

Just out of curiosity, why did you chose the AVR32 over the PIC32?


--
solarwind

2009\03\17@074007 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
At the time the project started PIC32 was not available, and the
development boards available were not as simple and cheap as, for
instance, the EVK1101.

I now have a full PIC32 setup, and if I were to start over I'd
probably go with PIC32.

Incidentally, this 0.7V part would make a very interesting low power
arduino - run it off an LR44 button cell for tiny applications...

-Adam

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM, solarwind <x.solarwind.xspamspam_OUTgmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM, M. Adam Davis <@spam@stienmanKILLspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm using the AVR32 UC3B for a project at the moment
>
> Just out of curiosity, why did you chose the AVR32 over the PIC32?

2009\03\18@185406 by Adam Field

flavicon
face
> Incidentally, this 0.7V part would make a very interesting low power
> arduino - run it off an LR44 button cell for tiny applications...

What is arduino and why is it so popular? They are just atmel
microcontrollers. I assume it's like stamp for avr.

2009\03\18@223049 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
The arduino is not much more than a programming environment for the
AVR, but it's based on the processing language (essentially C with
some slightly different 'main' functionality).

I'd say it's a step above the basic stamp, since the code is compiled,
not interpretted.

But it's very easy to get into and use, similar to the stamp.

-Adam

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Adam Field <KILLspamadamKILLspamspambadtech.org> wrote:
>> Incidentally, this 0.7V part would make a very interesting low power
>> arduino - run it off an LR44 button cell for tiny applications...
>
> What is arduino and why is it so popular? They are just atmel
> microcontrollers. I assume it's like stamp for avr.
> -

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2009 , 2010 only
- Today
- New search...